Email Bookmark Print
oltei

Jeep Information

Year:2020

Model:Grand Cherokee, Laredo Trim

Engine:3.6

Transmission:4x2

Hello friends,

I need a piece of advice: I live in Saudi Arabia where during summer, temperature between 45-50 degrees are normal. I will leave the country for almost two months and the car will be staying under the sun (protected only by a car cover). Question is: should I remove the battery before I leave and store it inside the house? Will it still be usable once I return? Since the CPU will be without power, what will happen when I connect the battery back? (the car is bought about 6 months back)

Any other tips that I should be aware of? I searched online about removing and adding back the battery but I could not find any advice about this particular topic).

Thank you,
Andrei

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jd41wk2
View Jd41wk2's Jeep
06-06-2021, 06:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oltei View Post
Hello friends,

I need a piece of advice: I live in Saudi Arabia where during summer, temperature between 45-50 degrees are normal. I will leave the country for almost two months and the car will be staying under the sun (protected only by a car cover). Question is: should I remove the battery before I leave and store it inside the house? Will it still be usable once I return? Since the CPU will be without power, what will happen when I connect the battery back? (the car is bought about 6 months back)

Any other tips that I should be aware of? I searched online about removing and adding back the battery but I could not find any advice about this particular topic).

Thank you,

Andrei
It's not a hop skip and a jump to disconnect the battery... if you're dead set on it put a battery tender on the Jumpstart points of the car or the battery terminals themselves. It's tough to get to it bc it's under the passenger seat

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome