Grand Cherokee Laredo

Email Bookmark Print
GC-2019

Jeep Information

Year:2019

Model:Grand cherokee

Engine:3.6 V6

First post, don't know how everything works
I have a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Laredo), its a V6 with a single exhaust outlet. About last month i started searching forums regarding changing the exhaust system. I wanted my car to sound a bit louder and deeper
So 28 days ago i decided to buy a magnaflow muffler (11226) and then went to a welding shop. They cut the stock resonator/muffler (axle-back) and went on to weld an 2.5 inch aluminized steel tube to the muffler. Then, they welded it to the car's exhaust system. The car sounded nice (a bit deeper) however, I still wasn't satisfied enough lol. (unfortunately i do not have any videos for that). I went back to the welding shop the week after and they suggested removing the suitcase muffler. They removed the suitcase muffler and welded two 2.5 inch aluminized steel tubes into a y-pipe(since i only have one exhaust outlet). The car sounds deep and amazing imo, it is also kinda loud . I will try taking photos of the work done to the car and post it, also some videos of how the car sounds.
PS: sorry if anything i said is unclear, not used to terminology

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Jd41wk2
View Jd41wk2's Jeep
05-01-2021, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GC-2019 View Post
First post, don't know how everything works

I have a 2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee (Laredo), its a V6 with a single exhaust outlet. About last month i started searching forums regarding changing the exhaust system. I wanted my car to sound a bit louder and deeper

So 28 days ago i decided to buy a magnaflow muffler (11226) and then went to a welding shop. They cut the stock resonator/muffler (axle-back) and went on to weld an 2.5 inch aluminized steel tube to the muffler. Then, they welded it to the car's exhaust system. The car sounded nice (a bit deeper) however, I still wasn't satisfied enough lol. (unfortunately i do not have any videos for that). I went back to the welding shop the week after and they suggested removing the suitcase muffler. They removed the suitcase muffler and welded two 2.5 inch aluminized steel tubes into a y-pipe(since i only have one exhaust outlet). The car sounds deep and amazing imo, it is also kinda loud . I will try taking photos of the work done to the car and post it, also some videos of how the car sounds.

PS: sorry if anything i said is unclear, not used to terminology
Please post a video! I haven't heard many 3.6 v6 engine actually sound good with an exhaust. I'd like mine to be louder too though I'm interested in hearing how yours sounds

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

GC-2019
View GC-2019's Jeep
05-01-2021, 08:28 PM
I still dont know how to attach a video
I currently have a rev video as well as a drive by. Still need to figure out a way to mount my phone in the car and take a video of the car from the inside while driving
And finally I need to find a way to attach these videos

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome