Email Bookmark Print
rjonesiii6

Cincinnati

Jeep Information

Year:2020

Model:High Altitude

Engine:5.7L V8

Hello All,

First time posting a forum inquiry here, so I'm still learning...

Just got a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, and am looking to put bigger tires on it. Currently have 265x50x20 tires/wheels and Quadratec air suspension. Any insight regarding the biggest I can go without tire rub/adjusting suspension/adding spacers? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Damar1979
View Damar1979's Jeep
04-04-2020, 02:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjonesiii6 View Post
Hello All,

First time posting a forum inquiry here, so I'm still learning...

Just got a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee High Altitude, and am looking to put bigger tires on it. Currently have 265x50x20 tires/wheels and Quadratec air suspension. Any insight regarding the biggest I can go without tire rub/adjusting suspension/adding spacers? Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks guys.
How do you like the ride quality of the high altitude in day to day driving? Trying to decide between that or an overland.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

rjonesiii6

View rjonesiii6's Jeep
04-07-2020, 01:08 AM
It's been great. With the quarantine going on, I haven't been driving it as much as I'd like, but I'd say it's a massive upgrade in comparison with my previous car (Kia Optima).

Here are my "positive thoughts" based on the minimal driving I've done:
- There are a ton of technological options that you can turn on/off depending on your preferences.
- After test driving the 4 Runner before purchasing my Jeep, I can say that the brakes feel much more responsive than that of the 4Runner.
- The trunk's electronic capability is a nice feature.
- I already utilized the adaptive cruise control driving from Cleveland to Cincinnati, and it is certainly a nice option to have.
- The body of this trim provides a great luxurious look (to me at least). Rims look great.

Some cons:
- Stock tires are pretty boring/small to me. I am checking out bigger tires as we speak (looking for 275/55/20).
- Sometimes the nav system isn't as responsive as I'd like (kind of lags out sometimes).
- Locking the doors from the UConnect system takes up to 30 seconds.. I've only tried this once, just thought it to be annoying that it took so long.
- Park assist is difficult to use. I still haven't figured it out. Will eventually look up instructional videos, but it is not initially user-friendly.

I know these specs don't answer your inquiry regarding the difference between the High Altitude and Overland, but wanted to throw a few of my thoughts out there. I'm not a Jeep buff (yet) by any means, but will get there.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome