Axle Gear Ratio:Standard

Suspension:Standard

Tires:265/50 R20 (orig) 265/60/R18 BFG KO2 AT's

Wheels:Standard Alloys (orig) 8JX18 H2 ET50 Alloy

Armor:None

Recovery Gear:Front Jeep Hooks, and rear hook + Dixon Bate Tow Bar

Accessories:2nd Battery, Roof lights, PMR

Future Modifications:Snorkel, more lights, Side steps

I am totally new to the Jeep Marque, but not new to Off Roaders and 4x4's. Having had a whole flock of Suzuki's, a Subaru, and my very trusty Nissan Terrano11 for the last 7 years, along with my wife having her own T2 as well. The problem was, my T2 was getting a bit long in the tooth, and they are no longer made, leaving no option to upgrade, so the time has come to move up to a more modern car.

The problem is, a car for us, has to tick a lot of boxes.
The usual things like reasonable economy, Road fund licence, Insurance.
Tow a largish caravan
Be usable with in our SE4x4R group
Fit the cages, and paraphernalia for 13 ferrets in it.
Have a few creature comforts like AirCon.

After a lot of searching, the WK2 seemed to tick all the boxes, but in the UK they are nearly all dull colours like Black, Silver, Grey, or a sort of Bronze colour. We wanted something a bit different, and eventually a Dark Green one came up, which is the same colour as my very first 4x4, and my trusty T2, so we decided this was an omen.

With the car purchased, there was quite a learning curve, as the Jeep really is a lazy drivers car, what with the auto gearbox, powerful engine, comfy seats, coupled with turning lights, and wipers on, setting the seat and steering up for you when you get in, and then dipping the mirrors and head lights when driving at night, I feel like I might not actually be needed at all.

Since getting the car, I have started to make it mine, and once I have enough posts, I will add pictures of the mods, like fitting a second battery, making a roof light bracket, and adding external Anderson battery connections, coupled with a future addition of a snorkel, and what ever else takes my fancy.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

GaryJGCLtd
View GaryJGCLtd's Jeep
05-18-2019, 09:10 PM
TWELVE ferrets?? lol I love ferrets. My friend had two rambunctious ones... sadly they have crossed the bridge...

I may get one or two in the future. How has the GC worked out transporting them? My friend has 3 cats and a GC is what he uses to haul them to their favorite spot... the vet!

LazyFerret

View LazyFerret's Jeep
05-19-2019, 02:30 PM
We somehow have gone up to 13 since I wrote that!! Local vet asked us to take in a stray...

The ferrets are very impressed with the jeep, the aircon in the back is exactly to their liking. Lol

I made up a raised floor for their travel cages, which allows them to look out the windows, and gives me a bit of storage under them. Their food freezer and caravan aircon unit fit in easily behind the cages as well. Just got to see if the generator will go in as well for when we are not on "hook-up". Still a few mods to do on the shelf, then once I am happy, I will cover it in black automotive carpet. Undo the two orange straps and unhook it's front support legs from the isofix in the back of the seats , and it all comes out to go back to being a people car.

The ferrets have their cages across the back of the caravan, so to help keep it cool, and give them some protection from prying eyes, they have the awning and wraparound at the back.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk