Bozman-2011 WK2 5.7l

Email Bookmark Print
Bozman

Jeep Information

Year:2011

Model:Limited

Engine:5.7

Hello,

I'm living the Jeep Life but experiencing Jeep Problems. 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7

Problem - Experiencing the 13-16 rotational clicks when shifting into gear but not moving yet. However, no drive-ability issues, dash warnings or anything else noticed while driving. I also tried shifting into 4lo and no dash warning there either.

Diagnosis - 3 shops so far:
1. Private owned > Need new transfer case ($2900 installed)
2. Private owned #2 > Don't want to work on it in case programming is needed (Free)
3. Dealership > Need new shift motor ($1060.00 installed)

Reading through posts on this forum I was able to find threads referring to this issue. Some had success replacing the Transfer Case Control Module vs replacing major TC components. The cost for a new TCCM and installing myself seems to be worth a shot before I shell out bigger money. Many say they did not program and have had zero issue (tell me if they are lying).

I could use a little help verifying best part number replacement, I have found a few and they range from $98 - $450 but PN's have been consistent:

1. Mopar (68395643AA)
2. Mopar Part No.:68194552AB (looks to replace AA?)
3. Is there a better PN?

I have searched online for video and/or diagrams to exactly pin point location and haven't had much luck. Id hate to buy a repair manual for this project. I attached the best diagram I could find and was hoping to get confirmation:
1. Is the highlighted part the correct part I'm after? I assume but assuming is a recipe sometimes.
2. Under the passenger side back seat? Most threads I could find (2012+) reference under the drivers seat.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks - Bozman

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

ColdCase

My Reality Check Bounced
View ColdCase's Jeep
09-14-2020, 08:54 AM
The Drive Train Control Module is located in the compartment under the driver's seat, #3 below. The other modules there depend on what option packages you have. Most parts outlets, on-line and otherwise, will use your VIN to make sure you get the right part. No programing is required.

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome