Axle Gear Ratio:Stock

Suspension:Stock

Tires:Stock

Wheels:Stock

Armor:Stock

Recovery Gear:Stock

Accessories:Stock

Future Modifications:Many!

My wife got a new car a few days ago (and obviously I'm going to drive it a lot haha!)! 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, Black on Black, and (of course) the 5.7L Hemi. She's not the car person so I'll be posting here instead, but I will encourage here to check out the Jeep Ladies section.

We didn't just buy the Trailhawk because we think it looks cool (but obviously it does); we intend on getting into off-roading as well as using it for camping trips and overall utility. My ultimate goal is to do the Trans-America Trail with it, a coast-to-coast entirely off-road trip. This will be a daily car that can tow 7,400 pounds (perfect for a car and boat hauler in the future), do ski trips, and be super-capable off-road or on-road. This isn't going to turn into a car that will be fully-built for extreme off-roading, but enough to hold its own under most conditions. I'm already planning on a few mods already, which unfortunately means diverting funds from the R, but we'll make it work!

Now of course by this point, you can 1) tell I'm excited about the car, but 2) why would you buy a new car in this current environment?! The answer, dealers are desperate. I have purchased a few cars (and kicked lots of tires) in dealerships, but there comes a point when the salesperson realizes you're not buying and pretty much ends the conversation...did not happen here. They are looking for a sale, and so are the manufacturers. This car had an MSRP of $50k and we got them down to $40k. Add in our $4k trade (which was on par with private sale value), and we got a brand new car for 70% of MSRP. Hard to walk away from that...so enough with the talk, here are the pictures.

Tags
None

Login Or Register To Post Comments

Damar1979
View Damar1979's Jeep
04-02-2020, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2013 View Post
My wife got a new car a few days ago (and obviously I'm going to drive it a lot haha!)! 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk, Black on Black, and (of course) the 5.7L Hemi. She's not the car person so I'll be posting here instead, but I will encourage here to check out the Jeep Ladies section.

We didn't just buy the Trailhawk because we think it looks cool (but obviously it does); we intend on getting into off-roading as well as using it for camping trips and overall utility. My ultimate goal is to do the Trans-America Trail with it, a coast-to-coast entirely off-road trip. This will be a daily car that can tow 7,400 pounds (perfect for a car and boat hauler in the future), do ski trips, and be super-capable off-road or on-road. This isn't going to turn into a car that will be fully-built for extreme off-roading, but enough to hold its own under most conditions. I'm already planning on a few mods already, which unfortunately means diverting funds from the R, but we'll make it work!

Now of course by this point, you can 1) tell I'm excited about the car, but 2) why would you buy a new car in this current environment?! The answer, dealers are desperate. I have purchased a few cars (and kicked lots of tires) in dealerships, but there comes a point when the salesperson realizes you're not buying and pretty much ends the conversation...did not happen here. They are looking for a sale, and so are the manufacturers. This car had an MSRP of $50k and we got them down to $40k. Add in our $4k trade (which was on par with private sale value), and we got a brand new car for 70% of MSRP. Hard to walk away from that...so enough with the talk, here are the pictures.

Was thinking of getting either a trailhawk or an overland.... how do you like the trailhawk in day to day driving?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome