Stolen 1999 XJ in Arbutus - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-03-2016, 05:14 PM Thread Starter
alexs93

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
Stolen 1999 XJ in Arbutus

Hello all.

Sadly I have to report that my 1999 XJ was stolen overnight between 10 pm on 7/2/16 and 8 am on 7/3/16. It was stolen from my townhouse in the Arbutus/Halethorpe area. Please be on the lookout for her.

1999 XJ, green, 4.0L, auto trans, I have an LED lightbar above the windshield and two CREE light pods on the rear bumper as aux reverse lights. Both run to a switch panel with two red switches in place of the ash tray.

Other mods include a Uniden 520xl Pro mounted from the ceiling above the rearview and 4' firestik, H4 bulb conversion, bushwacker flat flares, and a sagging headliner. Turn signals and brake lights are also tinted (reverse are not).

Attached is the most recent picture of her. God knows that all of this stuff may not be on it anymore, but if you see anything like it please contact myself or the Baltimore County Police. If you want to contact me skip the pm and email me directly at [email protected].

Thank you all so much.

Attached Thumbnails
20160414_193347 (1).jpg  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-06-2016, 05:58 PM Thread Starter
alexs93

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Garage
UPDATE:

It has been recovered and it is awaiting my insurance company to get it towed from the county lot, as it was not drive able. They trashed the interior, busted the ignition switch (reason for not driving it), busted a window, stole my CB, stole my light bar, stole my spare, stole the small selection of tools I had, and stole the spare clothes I keep in the back. There was some damage to the front bumper and grille.

ALSO:

After speaking with the leasing office of my complex about getting cameras installed (which they apparently have no interest in doing any time soon) I found out that the groundskeeper of our complex had his XJ stolen from our parking lot AND another Jeeper in the Arbutus location had his rig stolen. ALL THE SAME NIGHT THAT MINE WAS STOLEN. So if you are in the Arbutus/Halethorpe area keep a close eye on your rig. XJ or not they apparently are targeting Jeeps. I called the Officer that started my case and informed him that all of the thefts are undoubtedly connected. If you or someone you know in the area had your Jeep tampered with give me your contact info and I will pass it along to him. Thanks.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-13-2016, 06:19 PM
Smokie
2013 JK Wrangler 

That stinks. Hope they catch them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in