Hudson Valley - Page 286 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #4276 of 7919 Old 06-05-2012, 08:34 PM
Roskoe

1998 ZJ 

Not a city , more like the forest of fun

"aut viam inveniam aut faciam"

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4277 of 7919 Old 06-05-2012, 08:46 PM
mikd
2009 JK Wrangler 

New windsor. You're probly 10 min from us.
Mike
post #4278 of 7919 Old 06-05-2012, 09:17 PM
jeepercj8
1983 CJ8 

O'K now tell me this..in your opinion which do you feel is better for off roading, an automatic or a standard ? I go crazy in the woods I don't like women drivers I like to have fun, not dangerous just fun. Are the trails around here just dirt roads or are they actually wheeling roads. Sorry but never wheeled in this area before and I don't even know where to go.

post #4279 of 7919 Old 06-05-2012, 09:33 PM
Bear94
1995 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepercj8
O'K now tell me this..in your opinion which do you feel is better for off roading, an automatic or a standard ? I go crazy in the woods I don't like women drivers I like to have fun, not dangerous just fun. Are the trails around here just dirt roads or are they actually wheeling roads. Sorry but never wheeled in this area before and I don't even know where to go.
It's a little of both but with 4 low it's so easy with either type of transmission. I like using a 5 speed and others like automatic. All personal preference.

Never force anything... Just get a bigger hammer.
[_]IIIIII[_]
Craigslist is my Quadratec!
post #4280 of 7919 Old 06-05-2012, 09:41 PM
jeepercj8
1983 CJ8 

that's what I thought, Iv'e always had a 5 speed but I'm looking for an automatic I think I might like it more. Thanks
post #4281 of 7919 Old 06-05-2012, 10:00 PM
mikd
2009 JK Wrangler 

If your looking for hard core out west type wheelin you aint gonna be happy in this area. Our trails are mild with some spots that can give you fits, if you want more you need to drive 3hrs to RC. Haven't had anybody complain yet and frankly couldn't give a crap if they did, I cut what I have and wheel it. Your more than welcome to come try them out for yourself, we have a pretty good group. There are some truly hard core trails in the area but they unfortunately won't be legal.
post #4282 of 7919 Old 06-05-2012, 10:10 PM
Roskoe

1998 ZJ 

jeeper where are you from , new to the area?

"aut viam inveniam aut faciam"

I hate when old people poke me at weddings, point and whisper, "You're next." So I've started doing the same thing to them at funerals
post #4283 of 7919 Old 06-06-2012, 08:17 AM
sadass

1998 ZJ 

Zj

Hi , I am Sadass! I live across the river in Hopewell Jct NY. My name is also Mike. Not the supper cool Mike with a D, Just one of the other cool mikes that you will find on the trail. Or as most see me, Under my Jeep with a wrench.
As far as wheeling the area, We actually do have a few choices, But I will not be discussed them at this time. The Main choice we share on this board is a safe legal place to go and Meet other 4wheelers. And some of us are extremely great full to have this property available to 4wheel on. Thanks again to MikeD and his family
We seem to always Have a great time wheeling over MikeD place. For me its only about 35 min from my home, Just a tad bit closer then Raush creek. I can tell you that We always seem to end the day with some good story's of good times with some new and old good friends. So as bad arse or Lame as your Jeep may be, It does not matter. And believe me when I say we have a wide range of capable vehicles that run this property. If you love the wheeling community and the neighbors around you that share the same passion, then come out and enjoy. Forget about setting expectations. know this, The fun will happen if you let it.
I am locked front and rear, and I have pulled the hook on multiple occasions nearly every single time I am there for a wheeling event. on the other side of the coin, for a majority who drive open diff rigs, they never need a winch. It is what you make of it. as the place stands now, there has been a lot of work put into making it what it is today , but there is plenty of room for more. I see a ton of potential to expand the fun zone.
I plan on seeing you guys on Saturday. Up date the countdown any time you like James.

5NineZJ,35mtr/k IRO 7" LA F/R Detroit F/HP-4.56 R/Aussie 44A. ARB Snorkel/JRC Sliders/ Protofab w/9500S./Bushwhackers. Novak242 TCcable.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4284 of 7919 Old 06-06-2012, 09:06 AM
liredneck

1997 TJ Wrangler 

Hey guys Just getting my new parts all in so I'm gonna have a few take offs and since your close you guys have dibs .

Smittybilt neo seat covers black/gray
Cb mount that bolts to the a piller then goes up to put the cb right above the drivers vents
The steal plate the goes from the main hoop to the windshield from the smitty overhead gear bags . I'm keeping the bags but it's a good place for a cb switches whathaveyou . It's pretty strong I have stood on it and I'm 6.2" 240

There's gonna be more stuff but that's what I have pulled off do far . If you want somethng make an offer I'm pretty dealy ( my word) when it comes to trades beer, knives, jeep parts and good old gas money !!!

97 tj 6 cyl 5 SPd 4" supelift 35" baja claws 8.8/hp 30 ,4.10 lockrite in the rear , RR sye and adams dc shaft ,10k lb viper winch and other crap
post #4285 of 7919 Old 06-06-2012, 09:28 AM
YJames90

1993 YJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadass View Post
Hi , I am Sadass! I live across the river in Hopewell Jct NY. My name is also Mike. Not the supper cool Mike with a D, Just one of the other cool mikes that you will find on the trail. Or as most see me, Under my Jeep with a wrench.
As far as wheeling the area, We actually do have a few choices, But I will not be discussed them at this time. The Main choice we share on this board is a safe legal place to go and Meet other 4wheelers. And some of us are extremely great full to have this property available to 4wheel on. Thanks again to MikeD and his family
We seem to always Have a great time wheeling over MikeD place. For me its only about 35 min from my home, Just a tad bit closer then Raush creek. I can tell you that We always seem to end the day with some good story's of good times with some new and old good friends. So as bad arse or Lame as your Jeep may be, It does not matter. And believe me when I say we have a wide range of capable vehicles that run this property. If you love the wheeling community and the neighbors around you that share the same passion, then come out and enjoy. Forget about setting expectations. know this, The fun will happen if you let it.
I am locked front and rear, and I have pulled the hook on multiple occasions nearly every single time I am there for a wheeling event. on the other side of the coin, for a majority who drive open diff rigs, they never need a winch. It is what you make of it. as the place stands now, there has been a lot of work put into making it what it is today , but there is plenty of room for more. I see a ton of potential to expand the fun zone.
I plan on seeing you guys on Saturday. Up date the countdown any time you like James.

Mike, I couldnt have said it any better. This stuff is what makes weekends that much better.
Yes MikeD, Im sure ive said it before but a big thanks to you and your family for having us.
That place creates friends , memories and good times !

Here ya go !

Time until Saturday, June 9, 2012 at 11:00:00 AM (New York time)
3 days
72 hours
4352 minutes
261132 seconds

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke View Post
Spring Over is not for you.... yet

My 2.5 to 4.3 swap thread

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4286 of 7919 Old 06-06-2012, 10:16 AM
Luckypep
1993 ZJ 

Hey does anybody have a zj passenger front fender they can part with? all 3 passenger lights too lol
post #4287 of 7919 Old 06-06-2012, 10:44 AM
rejekt_zj

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypep
Hey does anybody have a zj passenger front fender they can part with? all 3 passenger lights too lol
Who needs fenders! Lol I don't have any but if your local I know there are some at A&T pick n pull Atleast last time I was there (month or 2) I may have the lights tho. I'll have to take a look
post #4288 of 7919 Old 06-06-2012, 10:52 AM
Luckypep
1993 ZJ 

I'm not local but I'll be up in Wappingers this weekend. As long as they're open on Saturday I can check them out.
post #4289 of 7919 Old 06-06-2012, 11:01 AM
rejekt_zj

1995 ZJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luckypep
I'm not local but I'll be up in Wappingers this weekend. As long as they're open on Saturday I can check them out.
They're open I think until noon there in hydepark off rt 9G on cardinal rd. really easy to get to,
post #4290 of 7919 Old 06-06-2012, 11:08 AM
Luckypep
1993 ZJ 

I've got a good idea where it is, but if you've got the lights I'd be happy to take them off your hands

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in