Wanted - TJ Half Door Interior Panels in Dark Slate Gray - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 02-01-2020, 08:26 PM Thread Starter
cj8990

Wanted - TJ Half Door Interior Panels in Dark Slate Gray

Wanted - TJ Half Door Interior Panels in Dark Slate Gray

Set of panels wanted. I am located in Chicago by the United Center but will pay for shipping if you aren't local.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 02-08-2020, 11:41 AM
1longcj
2006 LJ Wrangler 

Is that color different from what they call agate (almost black)?

Which is what I'm looking for.

Life is short, Play hard.
post #3 of 9 Old 02-09-2020, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
cj8990

Yes, agate is the black color that came on 97 - 02 wranglers. They switched to a different shade of black on 2003-2006 wranglers which is dark slate gray.

post #4 of 9 Old 02-11-2020, 04:41 PM
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Have you guys considered painting your existing panels. I removed mine and used the DupliColir vinyl paint and it did a pretty good job. The shade isn't perfect but better than what I had.

I have since seen color match paint online, but would have to do searches to find again.

I am multi-talented, I can talk and piss you off at the same time.

jhanna
denton county, tx
post #5 of 9 Old 02-12-2020, 04:49 PM Thread Starter
cj8990

How long have you had it painted and how has it held up? If I can't find them I will consider doing this.
post #6 of 9 Old 02-12-2020, 05:40 PM
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Probably been done 6-8 years ago, and held up well, except for "arm rest" area on driver's door. But, first off, my TJ is not a daily driver, mainly nice/warm weather, so tend to have sweaty arm. Also, I didn't use any primer or adhesion promoter. I noticed some time later that newer stuff has adhesion promoter built in.

Now this was done on a weekend. Remove the panels, wash them good with dish soap to remove any oils, etc. prop up on a saw horse and spray with a can of Duplicolor. And reinstall panels. Probably less than a $10 project.

My panels were the very light gray, used doors I got off Craigslist, and I sprayed with a dark gray. I would, and may, do it again.

jhanna
denton county, tx
post #7 of 9 Old 02-12-2020, 05:58 PM
CoachWade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jhanna View Post
Have you guys considered painting your existing panels. I removed mine and used the DupliColir vinyl paint and it did a pretty good job. The shade isn't perfect but better than what I had.

I have since seen color match paint online, but would have to do searches to find again.

Literally just bought this: ColorBond (160) Chrysler Dk Slate... https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00G6ILHSY.

I am swapping out the dashboard in favor of "agate" over the next weekend or so. Then I plan to clean the hell out of the door panels and test that on the driver's side. I have a crack and it needs to be replaced anyway, so if it doesn't adhere or looks like *** it's not a big deal. If it works, I'll replace the driver's side and paint the passenger side. Those damn panels are $283 a piece. A $20 can of paint and a couple months driving around testing it are a small price to pay.
post #8 of 9 Old 02-12-2020, 06:43 PM
2jhanna
Web Wheeler
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I believe I'd even try to fix the crack. There's a lot of different glues/epoxies out there and you could reinforce the cracked area on the inside with a cloth patch or something.

jhanna
denton county, tx
post #9 of 9 Old 02-13-2020, 07:14 AM
CoachWade

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2jhanna View Post
I believe I'd even try to fix the crack. There's a lot of different glues/epoxies out there and you could reinforce the cracked area on the inside with a cloth patch or something.

Itís a possibility, but I donít think I could do it without making it look like hammered ***.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in