Moving to Reno - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 08-11-2018, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
biggn235
DAS Man

2014 JK Wrangler 

Moving to Reno

I'm moving to Reno in early October. Anyone else up that way? Completely unfamiliar with the area and have never even visited before, but accepted a promotion at work that requires me to live near Sacramento. Chose Nevada for obvious reasons. Will be trailering my Jeep out there.

Attached Thumbnails
20171119_162311_resized.jpg  

14JK

Past - 95YJ 99XJ 98XJ 05WK 94XJ 14JK98XJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 08-12-2018, 09:38 PM
222Doc

2012 JK Wrangler 

Garage
well your real close to the Rubicon. only hour away. we head up through reno most every year to run that or Fordyce. As well other trails in the general area you will be close to. Just that alone makes it not to bad,no. I have not really done much wheeling in NV a few trails that are near AZ on the NV boarder. I know they do that "Hump and Bump" jamboree end of Oct? more near vegas if i recall. we have the Desert Splash week after that Nv event here in Parker.

If you are looking for wheeling friends i would be looking in that area for local 4x4x clubs. They would be the most active, know the area and the Rubicon and the Cali trails in your area. You could get deep into wheeling there. Heck we might never see you again, lol... have good time.

Home of the Parker Desert Splash

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 08-13-2018, 07:03 AM Thread Starter
biggn235
DAS Man

2014 JK Wrangler 

Thanks, I'll definitely be looking for some kind of local club or group once we get out there. Don't think I'll be ready for the Rubicon or Fordyce anytime soon though haha.

My sister lives in Lake Havasu City, so we plan to meet up in Vegas occasionally.

14JK

post #4 of 8 Old 10-06-2018, 11:15 AM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggn235 View Post
I'm moving to Reno in early October. Anyone else up that way? Completely unfamiliar with the area and have never even visited before, but accepted a promotion at work that requires me to live near Sacramento. Chose Nevada for obvious reasons. Will be trailering my Jeep out there.
That sounds like a heck of a daily commute! Sactown 5:00 and morning traffic can be pretty bad... if indeed that is where you are working?

Anywho, I have a friend that lives near Carson City and he belongs to a club in that area. If you're interested PM me and I can ask him the name of the club.

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><
post #5 of 8 Old 10-23-2018, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
biggn235
DAS Man

2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockWoRM View Post
That sounds like a heck of a daily commute! Sactown 5:00 and morning traffic can be pretty bad... if indeed that is where you are working?

Anywho, I have a friend that lives near Carson City and he belongs to a club in that area. If you're interested PM me and I can ask him the name of the club.

It's not a daily commute, I work remote from home but have to go on site visits in NorCal every few weeks. As long as I'm close to Sac my boss is cool with it.

Been exploring every weekend since getting out here. So much to see and everything is so new to me.

14JK

post #6 of 8 Old 10-24-2018, 08:25 PM
RockWoRM

2005 LJ Wrangler 

Oh cool. Yup, there is a ton of area in the whole of the Sierra Nevada's to check out. Been here my whole life (many a year) and STILL hav'nt seen it all.
There are some great 4x4 trails down this way, too, not to mention Yosemite national park.
A few guys on this forum hang out here http://www.norcaljeepers.co/index.php and we do an annual Rubicon get-a-way weekend in July. Built rig not required.

'05 LJR, 6sp, RC long arm w/MC 6" coils, 5.13 D44's w/chromo shafts, MetalCloak fenders/sliders/body armor, 37x12.50 MTR's, Warn 9.5, RockHard swing out w/full spare. <><
post #7 of 8 Old 11-13-2019, 03:46 PM
GeoffPeterson
2003 WJ 

Check out the Sierra Stompers out of Gardnerville.
post #8 of 8 Old 12-02-2019, 12:45 AM
NevadaWheeler
2005 WK 

Thumbs up

Welcome to Reno! There are tons of places to 'wheel round here as I'm sure you've found. Check out Reno4x4.com for some trail locations. There isn't much traffic to the site anymore, but still lots of info. There is also a Reno4x4 facebook page, but I don't know much about it. Steve's Loop and Hunter Lake Trail (HLT) are fun ones that aren't too bad. Lots of trails up around Peavine and out behind the Stead Airport.

Brizz

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in