Operation Desert Fun coming up October 14/15 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 12 Old 08-11-2011, 06:37 PM Thread Starter
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Cool Operation Desert Fun coming up October 14/15

Hey guys, I hope to see you at the upcoming Operation Desert Fun run in San Diego County at Ocotillo Wells coming up October 14th and 15th!

This is a charitable fundraiser for our disabled military veterans who are more than deserving of our help!!

Click on http://www.cal4wheel.com/events/operation-desert-fun.html for complete details and for online registration.

Lots of fun runs for anything 4x4 from mild to wild. There will be runs you can take your stock SUV mall cruiser on to challenging runs that require lockers and 33" or bigger tires.

We always have disabled vets attending the event and they have a great time. They gave it up for us, it's time we gave it up for them in return.

And last but not least, there is a BIG RAFFLE for cool stuff Saturday night. Winches, tires, tools, lockers, etc. are the usual items we give away and who knows, you could walk away with a new winch or a set of awesome tires!

Do it now, register! Click on http://www.cal4wheel.com/events/operation-desert-fun.html and register. Even if you can't attend, simply registering with your $35 registration fee will help our disabled veterans!!! Cool dash plaque included!

When you have a choice, buy American made.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 Old 08-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Tinga

2002 TJ Wrangler 

Crawled and bumped.
Wish I weren't a few hundred miles away.

Girls like STROKIN too!
https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f153/1971-jeepster-commando-1380633/
post #3 of 12 Old 08-12-2011, 12:34 PM
92 Green YJ

1992 YJ Wrangler 

Haven't gone to this one since Desert Fun 2. might have to try and make it out this year if I can get the YJ done before then

92 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited +
Tons, 40s, tons of mods

post #4 of 12 Old 09-04-2011, 10:28 PM
StvDiego

I'll be heading out Thursday night for the weekend, already registered, get my annual AWESOME fix

And it is an awesome raffle, picked up my KM2's, PRP seats and a ton of other goodies at previous ODF's

Of course this all depends on gettin axles under the Jeep before then
post #5 of 12 Old 09-05-2011, 11:10 AM
Speed-Freek

1997 TJ Wrangler 

I will probably be out there for a motorcycling trip, however I will have the Jeep with me to, I am sure I can drop by! If anyone brings motorcycles I can lead some tours for them if need be, I know the place well since I have been there about 150 times......

ASE certified tech, and welder/fabricator for hire, PM me for any of your automotive needs!
post #6 of 12 Old 09-06-2011, 04:40 PM
clg82
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Might be able to make it to this one. the wife always loves going to san diego area, speaking of runs Jerry you ever go to the panamint valley days out here in the mojave?
post #7 of 12 Old 09-06-2011, 09:17 PM Thread Starter
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by clg82 View Post
speaking of runs Jerry you ever go to the panamint valley days out here in the mojave?
I've wheeled Death Valley but not the Panamints, I'd LOVE to do that event this year if I can. Things just seem to get in the way of that particular event, I'm trying to make it this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

post #8 of 12 Old 09-07-2011, 09:16 AM
clg82
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerry Bransford View Post
I've wheeled Death Valley but not the Panamints, I'd LOVE to do that event this year if I can. Things just seem to get in the way of that particular event, I'm trying to make it this year. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
That would be really cool if you could make it. I believe the dates are for the beginnig of November, try and keep your calendar open!
post #9 of 12 Old 09-22-2011, 10:02 PM Thread Starter
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

ODF is getting close, it's time to register if you haven't already! Register now, even if you can't make it, your registration fee will be helping seriously injured U.S. military veterans.

We have some very cool sponsors for the Saturday night raffle including Savvy Offroad, Superior Axle, Modern Classic Enterprises, Crawl Magazine, Ian Johnson, and a whole lot of other vendors! Who knows the kind of cool stuff you'll be able to win at the raffle!

post #10 of 12 Old 10-04-2011, 09:24 PM
StvDiego

Bump for anyone who missed this, a fun run for a great cause. This year it will be held at Truckhaven, home of the new off road training facility. My Jeep is not feeling well and won't be able to make it, but I'll be there anyway

Truckhaven 4x4 Training Facility

Off of Highway 22. Approximately 30 miles east of Borrego Springs and 3 miles west of Highway 86 near Salton Sea. Look for the event signs between Holly Road and Crossover Trail.

N33.263074 W116.01524
post #11 of 12 Old 10-10-2011, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Jerry Bransford
Administrator

2004 TJ Wrangler 

Thanks for the bump Steve! Yeppers, this fun event is THIS COMING WEEKEND so don't miss it. And hey guys, it's for a great cause, our disabled U.S. military veterans.

And if you have kids, bring 'em out. We have a bunch of kid-size bicycles we'll be giving away at Saturday night's raffle, in addition to other kid stuff and of course all the cool offroad and Jeep related booty.

Come on out, bring your shorts and t-shirts since this weekend will be very warm out there!

post #12 of 12 Old 10-16-2011, 06:56 PM
StvDiego

Just got home from the desert. Ended up camping near Ocotillo Wells, just too far out to Truckhaven to tow the Jeep. With the horrible mileage I get with the RV it would've been another tank of gas...

Drove the Jeeps over Saturday morning, got some wheeling in on the way there and back

Stopped at registration and picked up my swag bag, bought another year's supply of t-shirts, bothered Angela while she was working to get the raffle organized, always wonderful to see her smiling, happy face and stopped at all the vendors and spread some economic recovery green around

Good to see some folks I hadn't seen in awhile, spent some quality time chatting with the CalVet guys and donated more to the cause.

Lots of good stuff on the trailer, seemed like the biggest load of goodies I've seen in the past few years, no doubt that there were some happy folks Saturday night. Nice to see so many companies giving it up for the Vets. We were going to go over for the raffle but got broadsided by Captain Morgan, and a few too many frozen margaritas, so we decided it was best to sit and continue rather than drive over.

Decided this was the last trip for the RV, already made some calls to look at a new one, maybe next year I'll take the freeway around and stay closer

And got to harass the JeepJamboree people on the way back, always a good time there

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in