Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

WJ Factory Bumper Tire Carrier

4K views 10 replies 2 participants last post by  JayIV 
#1 ·
Price575
For sale is a tire carrier for the WJ Grand Cherokee that fits under the factory rear bumper. I've decided to upgrade.

Included are the factory hitch, bumper cover/skin, tire carrier, swing arm, tire mount, d-ring tabs and license plate mount. The tire carrier is mounted to the factory hitch. Basically everything you'd need to bolt this right up.

I just installed a new seal, bearings and top cap today. I'll also include a push pin and 4.5" diameter circular plate stock that I had intended to add as a stop.

I'm willing to drive 100 miles from zip code 32713 if it's sold locally. Also willing to ship.

You can find pictures of the build process at the following links:

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Hey thanks for following up. There is a good chance that I'll be in Florida this month (February). I could meet you if you want pick it up. Shipping is probably a little more than I'd be able to do in the amount of time I'll have available.

I'm also considering selling the vehicle if you're interested in purchasing.

#8 ·
I will be in Tampa on the 15th of this month. I don't have a need to purchase the whole rig. Although, how broken down can this system be? Meaning, can i fit this into a large military dufflebag if taken apart? Like I mentioned, I will be flying in to Tampa on the 15th of February and fly back home to Texas the night of the 15th. If it can fit into my large green army dufflebag, then I will most def pick it up from you then. Please let me know if this is possible. My phone number is 808-781-3504 thank you

#9 ·
This wouldn't fit in a duffle bag. If you check this link, you can see that the support structure is attached to the tow hitch. You would need to transport the tow hitch, bumper cover and swing arm in order to have all the components. Check this link to see what I mean:

The best method of shipping would be via pallet. Alternatives would be via trailer or by visiting in person and swapping it onto your rig.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.