Won't start. Crank Position Sensor issue? - Page 3 - JeepForum.com
 3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 32 Old 06-18-2021, 11:06 PM
Dust Devil

1999 WJ 

Assuming that it was a 1/2 hour job, they made $290/hour from me. If it was a 10 minute job, they made $870/hour from me.

It was worth it and a shop should make a profit but if they charged $70, they would still be making far more than an average shop rate.

I liked the job they did except the 26 hour part. I was happy to pay the price but I can't really call it a great deal because the rate must have been high.

I understand every car that goes through the door has to make a certain amount, doing 10 $70 jobs a day probably isn't as good as doing 4 $145 jobs a day even though the math says its $120 more. Every time a car goes in there is a chance it is going to take more work than they quoted for. The $145 jobs are very tolerant of that, a $70 job, not so much. The shop I went to had several mechanics and lots of vehicles waiting to get work done. I spoke to two different people on the phone and two different people at the shop, doing less jobs for more money lets you reduce the paperwork overhead or lets you do a few more jobs that add up to a lot more money.

In the end, the price was high but I got what I paid for and I understand the pricing.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 32 Old 06-20-2021, 04:57 PM
skatulaki
2002 WJ 

You need to re-connect the Flux capacitor to the Kanoodle valve, then toss a banana peel into the intake !

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in