WJ Won't start...need help - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 12-13-2010, 05:33 PM Thread Starter
gbelous
2001 WJ 

Wj WJ Won't start...need help

I posted this thread the other day thinking it was my battery, but now I don't think it is. https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/...nswer-1140109/

As stated in the other thread, I had to get a jump friday, charged battery that night, it got good readings and started saturday, but sunday it didn't start again.

Today I bought a new battery and still no start. The starter doesn't turn, the solenoid doesn't click and the engine doesn't budge.

The starter is caked in dirt and grime, but it seems to have all the wires connected. Just hoping someone out there has an idea before I tow it to a garage.
Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 12-13-2010, 05:35 PM
LowcountryWJ

2011 WK 

Sounds dumb i know but make sure the shifter is in park, try just moving it down and back up again and then starting it, i dealt with something like that for months, took it to several mechanics, and it was eventually my mom who figured it out by mistake. Good luck!

Ben

2011 WK2 Laredo X
3.6 - 4x4 - Offroad Adventure 1
Charcoal Gray

2000 WJ - Sold
4.7/247/3.73
post #3 of 5 Old 12-13-2010, 05:52 PM Thread Starter
gbelous
2001 WJ 

Well Ben, thank you very much for the "dumb" answer. I went back out there and put it in neutral and it started right up. Turned it off and put it back and park and it didn't start. In neutral it started several more times. I backed in and out of the driveway and then it started a couple times in park. So we shall see what it wants to do in the morning.

I wonder why it's doing this. My guess it has something to do with the rebuilt transmission I got last week. I'll call the garage in the morning too, but man, this is frustrating.

post #4 of 5 Old 12-13-2010, 06:31 PM
LowcountryWJ

2011 WK 

Great to hear that it worked! Like I said, I dealt with mine for months, most frustrating thing ever, funny thing is it pretty much went away after we figured it out. Hope you can get them to fix it for you.

Ben

2011 WK2 Laredo X
3.6 - 4x4 - Offroad Adventure 1
Charcoal Gray

2000 WJ - Sold
4.7/247/3.73
post #5 of 5 Old 12-13-2010, 10:38 PM
outlaw30
2001 WJ 

You have a faulty, intermittent problem at your starter. mine did the same thing last week. Clean the connection points at your battery and at your starter. My problem was fixed with that.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in