WJ selec trac linkage broke, need help - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 07-25-2015, 10:15 PM Thread Starter
Tman96

WJ selec trac linkage broke, need help

Awhile ago the linkage to my select trac transfer case on my 2003 4.0 grand cherokee. I'm not sure what you call it but right where it connects to the transfer case lever the pin or bolt that was there snapped. I was wondering what it would cost to fix, as I'm sure you all know space is very tight in this spot, so I don't have the tools to drill the pin/bolt out and put in a new one. I'm wondering if a shop could do it without having to drop the whole case just to get to it. Also if anyone could find the part that would be great because I can't source one. If the pictures post basically the golden looking price needs to be connected to a hole in the top of the lever circled in red.

Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-26-2015, 09:59 AM
StrokedWJ
Web Wheeler

2000 WJ 

The shifter cable just pushes onto the shift arm. You should be able to reach up there an pop the remaining piece of the pin out by hand. I can't remember exactly, but I think the shift cable was the female end, and the shift arm was the male end. You can remove the shifter arm by unbolting the bottom bolt you see in the picture, pull it down and replace it if that is the part that is broken. I replaced the shifter linkage a few years ago let me see if I can find the part #.

edit:
Here is an old post of mine with some more pictures https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/tc-parts-1076164/. The shift arm lever is part # 05012307AA. I believe the cable is part #52104218AB.

2000 WJ 4.5L - Stroked, Locked, & Long-Armed
Looking for 6" WJ springs!
post #3 of 4 Old 07-26-2015, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Tman96

Ok thanks I'll get under there and take that shifter arm off so I can see what exactly needs done.

post #4 of 4 Old 07-28-2015, 07:06 AM Thread Starter
Tman96

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrokedWJ
The shifter cable just pushes onto the shift arm. You should be able to reach up there an pop the remaining piece of the pin out by hand. I can't remember exactly, but I think the shift cable was the female end, and the shift arm was the male end. You can remove the shifter arm by unbolting the bottom bolt you see in the picture, pull it down and replace it if that is the part that is broken. I replaced the shifter linkage a few years ago let me see if I can find the part #. edit: Here is an old post of mine with some more pictures https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/tc-parts-1076164/. The shift arm lever is part # 05012307AA. I believe the cable is part #52104218AB.
i got it off and need to replace the shift arm. Thank you for the part number and site. I tried to shop around a little but that was the only place that had it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in