WJ Seat question - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 20 Old 06-01-2020, 01:50 PM Thread Starter
Liquified
2000 TJ Wrangler 

WJ Seat question

So I am putting some WJ seats into my TJ and I had a question about seat styles. What years had the cloth seats without the detachable headrest where it was all one back piece similar to the TJ seats.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 06-01-2020, 01:56 PM
Mattyjm
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
None that I'm aware of. I've owned a 2000 WJ Laredo, a 2002 WJ Laredo, and currently own two 2004 WJs. One's a Special Edition, the other's a Rocky Mountain edition. ALL have had detachable headrests, whether cloth or leather.

2004 Special Edition WJ. LOADED!
2004 Rocky Mountain Edition. Froggy Bandit. Wife's Daily Driver. PRISTINE! Stock height and may stay that way.....
post #3 of 20 Old 06-01-2020, 02:01 PM Thread Starter
Liquified
2000 TJ Wrangler 

I pulled one today at pull-a-part from a 2004 which was the passenger seat but the driver seat was a mess so wanting to find a match.

This link shows them in a 2004 as well but I got a dark slate one today
https://www.autoexpoli.com/2004-Jeep...mFnnKj01ESA%3D

post #4 of 20 Old 06-01-2020, 02:04 PM Thread Starter
Liquified
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Here is the one I pulled today
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4557.jpg  
post #5 of 20 Old 06-01-2020, 02:44 PM
mak_v8
2002 WJ 

I would have answered like Mattyjm did: "None that I'm aware of".....

It is the first time I see such seats in a WJ.... neither WJJEEPS talks about such seats...
For curiousity...., is there a Mopar code on that seat? Has it electrical adjustment?

Grand Cherokee WJ 4.7 V8 HO. m.y. 2002
post #6 of 20 Old 06-01-2020, 03:11 PM Thread Starter
Liquified
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mak_v8 View Post
I would have answered like Mattyjm did: "None that I'm aware of".....

It is the first time I see such seats in a WJ.... neither WJJEEPS talks about such seats...
For curiousity...., is there a Mopar code on that seat? Has it electrical adjustment?

I will have to look for a mopar code tomorrow, I put the seat in the storage unit a little while ago. I did see another passenger seat today identical in another 2004 at the 2nd pull-a-part that I went to but the driver seat had already been removed. This one I have is manual but I also saw a pic while going through google today that was electric.
post #7 of 20 Old 06-01-2020, 04:45 PM
TastyWheatLoaf

Garage
I know atleast 03's did. Standard for the laredo's
post #8 of 20 Old 06-01-2020, 06:16 PM Thread Starter
Liquified
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TastyWheatLoaf View Post
So I really dont know much about WJ's, been a die hard TJ guy for a long time. Whats the difference between the standard Grand Cherokee and the Laredo's or any of the other models in the WJ years?
post #9 of 20 Old 06-02-2020, 08:37 AM
TastyWheatLoaf

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquified View Post
Quote:
So I really dont know much about WJ's, been a die hard TJ guy for a long time. Whats the difference between the standard Grand Cherokee and the Laredo's or any of the other models in the WJ years?
So the laredo is just the base trim level. Think, sport, sport s, Rubicon of the wranglers. Only easiest way to tell years apart is 04 updated the front bumper, and at some point(don't know the year) they changed the ash try to a little cubby.
post #10 of 20 Old 06-02-2020, 11:20 AM
xcaliber81

2004 WJ 

Quote:
So the laredo is just the base trim level. Think, sport, sport s, Rubicon of the wranglers. Only easiest way to tell years apart is 04 updated the front bumper, and at some point(don't know the year) they changed the ash try to a little cubby.
The ash tray was an option.
post #11 of 20 Old 06-02-2020, 12:12 PM
GmanWJ

2002 WJ 

Garage
Base level GC Laredo has plain gray exterior lower side panels and bumper covers, single zone climate control, cloth seats, brushed silver interior trim. GC Limited has color matched exterior side panels and bumper covers, dual zone climate control, leather seats with dual memory settings, wood grain pattern interior trim. Many options were available to upgrade a Laredo to almost-Limited levels (like heated leather seats, fog lights, cruise control, adjustable pedals etc.) but I think the differences I listed here were the ones that were mutually exclusive.
More info can be found at http://www.wjjeeps.com/newoptions.htm

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ok mostly just repairs, but we are closing in on a lift
post #12 of 20 Old 06-02-2020, 12:42 PM Thread Starter
Liquified
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:

Thanks, I like the look of these for a TJ and they definitely feel more comfortable then my TJ's. That being said I dont mind my TJ seats, I just have the driver side collapsing right now and its easier to find these WJ seats in better condition then the TJ's. If I can't find a match I'll just try to find a reasonable TJ passenger seat and swap the foam out.
post #13 of 20 Old 06-02-2020, 12:53 PM
xcaliber81

2004 WJ 

The Laredo zj had those style of seats as well. 93 had a super rare red interior too lol.
post #14 of 20 Old 06-02-2020, 09:59 PM
KKiowaTJ
2001 WJ 

We have two, a 01' and a 03' both Laredo's. The 01 has everything but dual climate control, leather and paint match bumpers, even has sun roof. The 03, has plain Jane non headrest seats along with the rest.
Just depends on options picked when bought. IMO the non headrest seats are more comfortable than the 01 heated seats. Funny thing as well, the non headrest 03, has full power seat too, lumbar, multi position, where as the 01 is just adjustable headrest and heat, full manual adjustments.

MOPAR!
post #15 of 20 Old 06-03-2020, 05:56 AM
TastyWheatLoaf

Garage
The thing I hate about the tall back buckets though, can't find a damn seat cover to properly fit.
Bigrigr likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in