wipers, lights and horn freak out And gages dont read - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 01-16-2019, 09:08 PM Thread Starter
Madjeep86
2004 WJ 

Garage
wipers, lights and horn freak out And gages dont read

When I start my 2004 wj special edition 4.7L it does sone weird things. The horn honks sometimes a fast honk other times it’s like someone is just laying on the horn. The wipers will start wiping. The lights flash on and off. The gages don’t read or register any thing and you can hear this clicking under the dash on the drivers side sometimes it’s click click other times it’s a crazy fast clicking. Then once it’s warm it all stops. However the headlights always are on and they are not automatic anymore so you have to turn them off when you get out. And if your driving at night you have to make sure you turn them on or you won’t have any back lights. the interior lights will stay on and the only way to get them to shut off after you shut the door is to click them all the way on and then they go off but when you get out of the car you have turn them all the off or they will stay on when you shut the door. Also the cluster on the ceiling always says it’s 75 and I live in Iowa! It’s no where near 75 outside right now and it say that I have 600 some gallons to empty which is a big fat lie. I need some advice on what to do. I’m pretty handy since I don’t have a lot of money I usually fix stuff myself. Hopefully someone has ran into this and can help me out. Please and thanks

Maddie B.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 09-09-2019, 01:40 PM
Ryno_WJ
2000 WJ 

Bump to this thread...I don't have the full list of issues that Maddie does however mine is similar- When my headlights are on, either auto or forced, my RH turnsignal goes to a fast flash.

Is mine likely related to a bad ground or do you think it is related to a bad flasher?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in