2880Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #47431 of 49152 Old 08-28-2018, 08:58 AM
cDee63

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000_limited View Post
Yeah, they all just stuck on, a soft plastic putty knife and some decal/adhesive remover and time.

I left the 4x4 badges on the rear fenders and the V8 on the hatch.

My original plan was to leave the "Limited" badge where it was on the right side and move it closer to the front of the door on the left side, but I like the look of the Overland badge on the fender so.
Grab your better half's hairdryer, a little heat and they peel right off usually taking the adhesive with it.

2004 GC Limited 4.7
2006 Crown Vic Interceptor
1974 Ironhead Sportster, total custom
High speed, low drag
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47432 of 49152 Old 08-28-2018, 09:52 AM
Motorcharge

1999 WJ 

Removing decals, tint, stickers, ect is much easier with a little portable steam cleaner for clothes. You can get them at Walmart, Target, ect for about $20. Less risk of paint damage and the moisture will release adhesives from the vehicle so you don't have to go back with a solvent or scraper.
GhostJeepWJ likes this.

|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|SOLD|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
| June 2015 COTM |

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Swanson
There is no such thing as bad weather. Only inadequate clothing and transportation.
post #47433 of 49152 Old 08-28-2018, 10:25 AM
Jeeples
Harsh, but fair

2000 WJ 

Buttoned up the wife's WJ last night...took longer to clean up the garage thankfully. So far so good, no leaks however I still need to take some degreaser to the underside and clean everything up real well to monitor moving forward.

The biggest noticeable difference however was the lack of vibration transmitted through the chassis due to the crappy Dorman harmonic balancer that I had previously installed. The replacement was a Powerbond and it installed nicely without issue and runs smoothly.

Also, as an FYI for those of you with stripped bleeder valves on the 4.7, the easiest way to refill the cooling system (without using the bleeder) is to take the upper radiator hose off from the radiator side, loosen the engine side clamp and rotate the hose until the radiator side opening is pointing up, then slowly pour your coolant in. This will allow the block to fill while forcing the air out, once you can see the coolant in the hose, just rotate it back into place and pop the open end back on the radiator. I didn't spill any coolant, but if you let the hose fill up too much you likely will. Once the clamps are tightened, fill the radiator and you should be good to go.

His: '00 WJ 4.7 Limited- Some stuff

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 Laredo- Some more stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
This is easily the worst post, and thread, I have ever seen in 7 years of being on JF.

post #47434 of 49152 Old 08-28-2018, 02:19 PM
UncleWoody

Jeeples, that is a great tip. I will be changing my radiator soon and I hope that I don't have an issue with the bleeder valve but you never know until you get there. How much coolant did you used to refill the system? Thanks

"If we can really understand the problem, the answer will come out of it, because the answer is not separate from the problem"
post #47435 of 49152 Old 08-29-2018, 12:59 PM
mikeundi

Dropped her off at a shop today for the first time in a long time. I was capable of the lift, replacing the front axle (torn sway bar mount + crumpled spring perch), and a load of other stuff, but got a set of 4.10 gears and just don't have the time/tools to do it. Local shop offered $1100 for the gear swap, replacing all control arms (thanks, Nick!!), and alignment. Won't see her for a week...

Guys, it'll be ok, right?
post #47436 of 49152 Old 08-29-2018, 01:21 PM
jeeperkhan
2001 WJ 

Garage
Last month, I got a Westin grill guard installed, and while I was at it, I added four Westin 4" square LEDs to it, two of them flood lights, and two of them spots. But my headlight lens covers were very glazed from driving on our local gravel roads, so I got one of those polishing kits that you use with an electric drill to clear up the lenses. It worked VERY WELL, and was easy to do. The results were that the lenses look like new. With the clear headlight lenses and the new aux lights, my nighttime visibility has gone up by about approximately one million percent.
Then last week, I installed a dash cover to protect my dash from cracking. The dash was not cracked, and still looked very nice, which is amazing I think for an 18 year old car, but I didn't want to end up with a cracked dash. It looks good and now I don't have to worry about it cracking.
P.S.- I also got a Garmin navigator for the Jeep. I am getting it ready for the Overland Expo next year in Flagstaff. I have installed my 8" thick futon mattress in the back, and am deciding which gear to take along. I don't think I will need too much gear, since there is a designated camping spot there. I may put in some kind of sliding drawer under the futon, to make better use of my limited hauling space. I don't usually use the roof rack for long distance trips.

Last edited by jeeperkhan; 08-29-2018 at 01:32 PM. Reason: things I forgot to mention
post #47437 of 49152 Old 08-29-2018, 01:44 PM
jeeperkhan
2001 WJ 

Garage
Also, I finally replaced the low-coolant-level sensor. It was easy. Now, after MONTHS of hearing the BEEP-BEEP-BEEP of the monitoring system, there is blessed SILENCE.
One more thing. Several months ago, I changed out my alloy wheels for some steel take-offs and added a set of Treadright 245-r75-16 aggressive tread mud and snow tires. I was concerned because I was going from a 225 to a 245 tire, and was worried that they might RUB. /they are FINE, even without any lift at all. The aggressive treads do hum a little on the highway, but it is not very loud so I don't mind. In fact, I don't really hear it at all anymore. Even if it was loud, it would be a small price to pay for the much added traction.
post #47438 of 49152 Old 08-29-2018, 02:10 PM
Jeeples
Harsh, but fair

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by UncleWoody View Post
Jeeples, that is a great tip. I will be changing my radiator soon and I hope that I don't have an issue with the bleeder valve but you never know until you get there. How much coolant did you used to refill the system? Thanks
I drained everything I could into a 5 gallon bucket, which ended up being a little over half full (of course I spilled some on the garage floor too), so probably not quite 3 gallons. I then added 3 gallons of distilled water to the system and ran it up to temp a couple times before letting cool and draining the radiator and pulling the lower hose to drain the block as best I could (didn't want to mess with the coolant drains in the block).

The water came out pretty clear, so I'm pretty confident that I diluted the remaining coolant in the block enough to consider it 'flushed'. I then added a straight gallon of coolant, a 1/3 of a gallon of distilled and finished filling up the system (including the overflow tank) with about 1.5 gallons of 50/50 that I had previously mixed up. I drained and cleaned the overflow tank, which takes 1 qt, and after the initial test drive around the block I ended up have to add more coolant as the system pulled enough in to draw it down to the fill line.

I'll snag a coolant tester in the next week or so and check the concentration level, but I tend to err on the 'sweeter' side of concentration vs. a traditional 50/50 mix.

In the past when I've just done straight radiator swaps (including replacing the thermostat), the final fill usually ends up being a little less than 2 gallons.

His: '00 WJ 4.7 Limited- Some stuff

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 Laredo- Some more stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
This is easily the worst post, and thread, I have ever seen in 7 years of being on JF.
post #47439 of 49152 Old 08-30-2018, 01:54 AM
2000_limited
2000 WJ 

This happened on the way to work.
Attached Thumbnails
40160646_2084041705258521_109816863445221376_n.jpg  
post #47440 of 49152 Old 08-30-2018, 08:39 AM
99sajeep

2005 WK 

"Aussie" got some new eyes last night! Brand new set of Eagle Eyes replacement headlights that we picked up off Amazon for about $85!
I used a 3M headlight restoration kit on the old headlights this past weekend and it worked pretty good. Cleaned them up good enough to pass inspection. But compared to the new ones...not even close!
Also spent a little time reconnecting the cable to lower the rear seat back on the passenger side, and replaced both tweeters in the dash. Sounds is crisp and clear now.

She'll get to stretch her legs out this weekend as we're taking her to the deer lease and will be performing a "good" test of the 4WD!
tsteb112 likes this.

'05 WK 4x4 Ltd 5.7L (mine) 200k+ club
'01 WJ 4x4 Laredo 4.7L (daughter)
post #47441 of 49152 Old 08-30-2018, 08:51 PM
singletrack100
2004 WJ 

Not today but Sunday (26th) replaced my 2.5" front/2" rear springs with used IRO 3" I picked up. Very happy.

My front's (Fat Bob's Garage) had been sagging since the addition of a winch 8 months ago. With 1" spacers up front I was at 20.5" a few months ago, and at 20" a month ago. I had put OME 10mm spacers in the rear when I had added the front ones.

Now, with the same spacers all around I'm 21.5" all around. Looks good, drives good, no vibes or DW, even with a little play in two of the tie rod ends and a little play in the track bar bushings (those items next).
post #47442 of 49152 Old 08-31-2018, 05:06 PM
grayWJ4x4
1936 CJ2A 

Replaced the steering stabilizer. My last couple of wheeling trips took a toll on the poor thing. Lol.
post #47443 of 49152 Old 09-01-2018, 03:58 AM
GhostJeepWJ
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Garage
Should relocate it up and out the way......

Quote:
Originally Posted by grayWJ4x4 View Post
Replaced the steering stabilizer. My last couple of wheeling trips took a toll on the poor thing. Lol.

It's not the Destination so much as the Journey!! - Cpt. Jack Sparrow

2002 Grand Cherokee Overland 4.7 HO
2" IRO Spring Lift w/Bilstein 5100s 245/75/R17 Goodyear Armour Shield

post #47444 of 49152 Old 09-01-2018, 07:05 AM
nc_jk_crawler

2003 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by grayWJ4x4 View Post

Lol thatís bad. Mine is beat up just not as bad as that. I need to flip it

2010 JKU Locked on 37s Build thread: "Bought not Built" build Wranglerforum.com
post #47445 of 49152 Old 09-01-2018, 07:11 AM
nc_jk_crawler

2003 WJ 

Garage
What did you do to your WJ today?

Well itís been awhile since Iíve done anything besides driving but wanted to check back in and say hey. Tested my battery last night and it was bad so instead of waiting till it died I just went ahead and replaced it with an AGM from Advance Auto. Itís an Autocraft and is made by Johnson Controls who also makes Optimas now. I went to a battery conference for work and learned about the different batteries we sell and what makes an AGM different thatís why I went that direction.

I need to address my terminals. Does anyone have any suggestions for good terminals that can fit accessory wires? I need room for at least 3 4ga wires.

2010 JKU Locked on 37s Build thread: "Bought not Built" build Wranglerforum.com

Tags
wj

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in