Want to hear more about this torque management delete.. - Page 7 - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 110 Old 09-02-2014, 10:48 AM
HikingMoose

Sorry to resurrect this thread, but does this only apply at WOT? Will it have any benefit to regular driving at say half throttle? My transmission shifts hard a few times a day, not sure if this would help or make it worse. I'll put in a toggle either way, if I try it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 110 Old 09-02-2014, 10:54 AM
gtg413i

2003 WJ 

Pretty sure its only at wot, more specifically almost redlined rpm.

Brian's Black Betty Build:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #93 of 110 Old 09-02-2014, 10:57 AM
HikingMoose

Ok, thank you.

post #94 of 110 Old 09-02-2014, 04:08 PM
Jer-Bear
2002 WJ 

So I just read the entire thread and went ahead and did the wire snip. Works well except I lost 2nd OD. I used to be at 2k RPM's at 79 MPH but now I'm at 2400. I was sure to cut the right wire. I'll be patching it this afternoon to return to stock. Just thinking, the engineers who designed the tranny/engine combo must have put it there for a reason...

/ 2002 WJ 4.7 H.O. / Flowmaster 50 SUV / Magnaflow Cats / Rocking that 2WD! /
post #95 of 110 Old 09-02-2014, 04:26 PM
HikingMoose

Slap a toggle switch in there. That way you can just turn it off and on at will.
post #96 of 110 Old 09-02-2014, 04:26 PM
billzcat1
Chicken in a Turkey Suit
2003 WJ 

2k @ 79 mph is not correct. Should be 2k at 70 mph, assuming you have 3.73:1 gearing.

Also, no trouble with 2nd OD here.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

~Richard
post #97 of 110 Old 09-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Jer-Bear
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by billzcat1 View Post
2k @ 79 mph is not correct. Should be 2k at 70 mph, assuming you have 3.73:1 gearing.

Also, no trouble with 2nd OD here.
Oops, I meant @ 70 MPH, had a typo. I have an '02 model if that changes anything. And I did notice that the site was yellow with a blue stripe, not green. It could be because its old and faded though.

post #98 of 110 Old 09-02-2014, 06:39 PM
Jaketit

2002 WJ 

Have an 02 also. I did this over a year ago and have had no problems. I also did a toggle but I have never switched it back. Seems to shift harder for sure in a (good way) so one day I'd like to go in there and remove the toggle but that will be on a day that I'm all caught up on this thing. Which I'm sure will be never.
post #99 of 110 Old 09-02-2014, 10:25 PM
Jer-Bear
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaketit View Post
Have an 02 also. I did this over a year ago and have had no problems. I also did a toggle but I have never switched it back. Seems to shift harder for sure in a (good way) so one day I'd like to go in there and remove the toggle but that will be on a day that I'm all caught up on this thing. Which I'm sure will be never.
Well it turns out I cut the wrong wire. I did some further investigating and severed the correct one this time and covered each end with shrink wrap. I got the 2nd O/D back. I floored it, and what a difference. I'm not a big transmission guy, but I'm thinking this might be hard on the clutch bands over time with the added force. I know there is supposed to be a small amount of slip between shifts and shift kits are supposed to shorten the slip. Is this what we did by cutting this wire? I'm just wondering if it has any long term repercussions. Thanks for the great thread!

post #100 of 110 Old 09-03-2014, 06:29 AM
HikingMoose

I'm just surprised you guys drive with the throttle to the floor so often. That's not allowed in Maine, if a cop hears it out sees it, you can expect points on your license and your wallet to be several hundred dollars lighter. You get lots of funny looks if you take off WOT also. I'm planning on trying it myself, but the most I've had mine is probably 80%. I don't think I've gone WOT yet! So it probably is useless for me.

And yes, it's probably hard on your drive train with our without this mod!
post #101 of 110 Old 09-03-2014, 07:14 AM
alfaitalia

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HikingMoose View Post
I'm just surprised you guys drive with the throttle to the floor so often. That's not allowed in Maine, if a cop hears it out sees it, you can expect points on your license and your wallet to be several hundred dollars lighter. You get lots of funny looks if you take off WOT also. I'm planning on trying it myself, but the most I've had mine is probably 80%. I don't think I've gone WOT yet! So it probably is useless for me.

And yes, it's probably hard on your drive train with our without this mod!
You're kidding right? What's the offence?......Pushing your foot down too far? Haa haa. Do you have an actual law on how fast you can accelerate....if not what goes on the charge sheet? I'm beginning to think things are not as bad over here as i think compared to the "Land of the free"!

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got yourself an electrical problem!
post #102 of 110 Old 09-03-2014, 07:24 AM
HikingMoose

Yes we do actually. I assumed most states did. Here it's called "excessive acceleration". I've taken off hard a few times, but not wise open. It goes 0-60 pretty darn fast. I can't imagine wot.
post #103 of 110 Old 09-03-2014, 07:36 AM
alfaitalia

2004 WJ 

So what is "excessive"? 0-60 in under ten seconds, eights second? Seems unenforceable to me.

If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got yourself an electrical problem!
post #104 of 110 Old 09-03-2014, 07:43 AM
HikingMoose

Unfortunately, it's their discretion. And they definitely enforce it!
post #105 of 110 Old 09-03-2014, 07:44 AM
HikingMoose

If the speed limit is 35 or 45, and you floor it and go to 60 or 70, you're speeding ams excessively accelerating. :/

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in