JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   WJ Grand Cherokee Forum (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/)
-   -   turn signals and blower motor died (https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f310/turn-signals-blower-motor-died-1111338/)

mrbigglesworth 10-05-2010 12:38 PM

turn signals and blower motor died

ok here is the background on my problem:

2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee 4.0L Engine, Auto Trans, No automatic temp control.

I was driving and I had my A/C on, all the sudden I heard a strange sound coming from the heater vents and my blower motor stopped working and my turn signals died.

This is what I have done so far:

I pulled the blower motor resistor out and saw that it was completely fried, there was a break in the metal as well as some corrosion and cracking, so that is new and replaced now

I pulled out the blower motor and jumped it to the battery, and it works fine.

I have replaced the combination flasher under the dashboard, still no change in my problem

The hazards word fine and there are no fuses blown in the entire Jeep.

Any ideas?

mrbigglesworth 10-05-2010 02:38 PM

update: I took apart the control panel for the a/c and heat, and i jumped the relay that is located in there. This caused the blower motor to start working. I have a new relay on back order with the dealer, now in the mean time what do I do about my turn signals? they still do not work.

skiebuster 10-05-2010 08:43 PM

wow, thats crazy. hope you get it fixed. sorry, but I dont have a clue what could be wrong.

Shawn1143 10-19-2010 02:48 PM

My Jeep just did this same thing today when I got off work. Have you been able to fix everything?

mrbigglesworth 10-20-2010 12:14 PM

ok, the new relay came and it still does not work, so the only thing i can think of is that there is no power supply to the relay. I know the blower resistor is good, the blower motor is good, and the entire control panel for the heat/air is good. The only thing left I can think of is the air mixture knob(the hot/cold). Where does this knob go? Is there a mixture door/motor some where that needs to be replaced?

willcla 01-04-2012 12:44 PM

i was having the same problem. My signals and my blower motor went out at the same time. Also fuse 20 (HEVAC) kept blowing. It turned out to be a wire shorting out. The wire was located on the driver side going into the transmission. The insulation on the wire had rubbed off and the bare wires were touching. I cleaned them and put some electrical tape around them and everything started working again.

cesarcarrion 03-06-2014 09:12 PM

Wire?

Please can you name the exact position of the wire because my jeep has the same problem and I suspect that I have the same wire problem. But I need more details to fix this. Thanks

lonestar1982 10-23-2015 07:37 PM

Bump pictures please

lonestar1982 10-28-2015 10:30 PM

Has anyone fixed this issue

sjm0913 07-02-2017 11:12 AM

Hi:
I know this is an old thread but my Grand Cherokee Limited just did the same. I was driving and stopped at gas station, when I put it in park the blower died, the ac control panel died and the turn signals wont work. I checked all fuses, resistor, etc. and still no luck. Any ideas?
Thanks
Steven

seasoned_geek 09-26-2017 05:12 PM

It's the #20 fuse under the dash. HEVAC. It is a red 10 AMP.

I have not looked for the wires yet.

livingod101 12-23-2017 01:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I have a 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo. My blower fan stopped working and left & right signal. I did find that #20 fuse (10A), under the driver dash, did blow, replaced and it blew again. It was a frayed wire to a sensor in the transmission that made it happen!!! GO FIGURE!!!
If you go under the Jeep, on the driver side, above the Transmission pan there is a sensor with 3 wires going to it. I separated them, cleaned with brake cleaner and used electrical tape to cover the frayed piece (which I will replace with liquid electrical tape).
I attached the pic as someone requested.

Markkiemark 06-03-2018 05:30 PM

Hey Bud I’m having the same issue I’m gonna see where it is

Markkiemark 06-03-2018 08:55 PM

Hey I just uploaded a video on where it is and how you can fix https://youtu.be/tRiG9dlupI4

tomwj47 10-20-2018 10:25 PM

Thanks.this forum help me again.

The time now is 12:14 AM.