SRS code experience/learning - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 1 Old 09-22-2019, 06:01 PM Thread Starter
scott_0
2002 WJ 

SRS code experience/learning

so last week my 02 GC Limited had an airbag light pop on and not go off, I finally bit the bullet and bought an Innova 3100j scanner from Autozone, they promised it would read/reset srs lights, $150 later and I was off to read and repair the system. Got the scanner hooked up and it showed a 0065 code, then a 0067 code, both are right front sensor related. Ran to the local scrap yard and paid $10 for a sensor, popped it in, cleared the code, the 0065 reset, but the 0067 would not stay clear, got frustrated and gave up. Ended up going and buying another sensor for $10, this time I grabbed the connector pigtail as well, replaced just the sensor and still got the 0067, replaced the old sensor pigtail tonight, plugged it up, did not hook the scanner up, just to see if the system reset the light, sure enough, I started the vehicle, the airbag light came on, went through it's test procedure, then went off and stayed off!!!!!!

On to what I've read on these forums, it was said that you have to reset the code, more specifically, you have to go to a Jeep dealership to have the light reset, or go through 254 key on/start cycles, that was not the case with my 02 Limited. Not saying anyone on here is wrong or anything, just giving my first hand experience with my particular Jeep.

2002 GC Limited, all stock, undecided mods to come

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in