Saying goodbye... - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 22 Old 01-04-2020, 05:43 PM
TRocker

A Viking Funeral would have been in order for a True Jeeper...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 22 Old 01-06-2020, 07:45 AM
Double E
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtD View Post
I just put my daughterís 99 WJ up for sale today. I was not happy when her and my wife bought it when I was out of town 6 years ago (4.7L), but overall it hasnít been too bad. Maybe I am just used to living with every thing that is wrong with it. Someone asked what the issues were and I started making a list. It got long quickly. But that Jeep has started every time and never left anyone stranded. I will be glad to see it go and hope whoever buys it knows what they are getting into.
Post it in the for sale section of this forum?

'04 Freedom Edition HO & '04 Overland HO (previous '00 Laredo 4.7)
post #18 of 22 Old 01-06-2020, 05:10 PM
KurtD

Just tried to post it in the for sale section, but didn’t have the option. Must need to be a paying member to advertise a sale.

99 WJ, 4.7 L - 200,000 miles
97 TJ, 4.0 L - 145,000 miles

post #19 of 22 Old 01-06-2020, 07:13 PM
CJREX

2004 WJ 

You need to have a minimum number of posts to list a classified ad, I believe it's 25 posts.

This prevents people from signing up just to try and sell stuff.

2004 GC Overland
4.7 HO 3874 FlashPaq and Kolak 3" exhaust
2" BDS lift
265/70/17 Patagonia MT
post #20 of 22 Old 01-08-2020, 08:18 AM
three_jeeps
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneypitjeep View Post
Well, after 12 years of untold blood,sweat and dollars this 02 GC has worn me down to the point that it must go away. I just can't take it anymore,the constant need of parts and repair has done me in. Just when you think all is well something else breaks.
snip
Yes, so true. I just gave my brother my 04 after his 04 engine dropped a valve seat and self destructed (for the second time). Every brake job was a 'replace the rotors too', water pumps at 40-50K, now why did death wobble just start? and the endless 'something else' breaking. There were some 'bright spots'....exhaust system lasting 12+ years in the rust belt. I am surprised how badly jeeps rust in this area -the outer and inner rocker panels are gone, the gas tank skid is paper thin, spring perches are just about shot. Wish I knew how cheap the metal was when I bought it, I would have taken it to Ziebart for undercoating.
As one poster said....tired of being a mechanic and not a driver.
It has never left me stranded or unsafe, but only because I kept after it - weekend wrenching.
Am currently looking at a highlander, forerunner, and passport. - not a 'jeep' but by all accounts the reliability and longevity is there. (hopefully).
While I do like wrenching, there are other more productive things for me to do in my life at this point.
happy trails
post #21 of 22 Old 01-10-2020, 01:04 PM
KurtD

If anyone is curious, just sold the 99 WJ, 4.7L, 204,000 miles for $1200. It ran well, interior was pretty clean, but I could have nickel and dimed myself with all the little things that could have been fixed. Hopefully it lasts a few more years for its new owner.

99 WJ, 4.7 L - 200,000 miles
97 TJ, 4.0 L - 145,000 miles
post #22 of 22 Old 01-22-2020, 07:46 PM
runningonempty
2004 WJ 

Not to bust your bubble fellows but my 260k 2004 WJ has been virtually repair free. Lets see fuel pump (twice) radiator, neutral safety switch, tires, good set of rotors (no chinese junk), brakes, shocks, starter. That's it, owned since 60k. Those are all the repairs that I can remember not bad in 200k. Oh yeah bushings on track bar. All this in about 12-13 years.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in