Replacement Carpet for WJ - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 09-20-2021, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
DMORGAN486
2000 WJ 

Replacement Carpet for WJ

Has anyone replaced carpet in 2000 WJ? I had a slow heater core leak that saturated the r/s carpet with coolant over time. I am replacing heater core and evap soon and I am thinking of doing carpet too. I did a google search and several places look like the make nice molded carpets. I am considering Stock interiors carpet , ultra plush with mass backing. I would like to hear from anyone who may have replace their carpet and were you happy with the results. Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 09-23-2021, 01:49 PM
leadsled jeep

2002 WJ 

I’ve never heard of anyone’s replacement carpet but I did hear of one guy removing his completely and taking it to a DIY high pressure hose car wash and spraying his down. Once clean and dry I remember him saying it was like new. Food for thought.

For a WEAK and IGNORANT people, SERF-dom is a Reward, not a Curse. W1CCW
post #3 of 8 Old 09-23-2021, 05:24 PM
Golden-Arm

Garage
Try getting a bucket of hot, clear water. Soak the carpet until the water pools on top of the carpet. Scrub with a brush, and suck it out with a wet vac. You can remove the sill plate, and lift the carpet up, to clean under it, and allow it to dry. A coolant leak shouldn’t have ruined the carpet.

Uphill Slow, Downhill Fast, Tonnage First, Safety Last!

post #4 of 8 Old 09-30-2021, 07:40 PM
ArtemDar

ArtemDar

Hi guys,

Did the replacement and used also Stock Interiors.

A) There are some efforts to remove the old carpet tbh. you need to remove seats, plastic panels (doors + between driver/passenger), legs zone front passenger and driver.

B) Jeep original carpet - its not just cotton but also have from 0.5 to 1.5 inches antivibration/noise cancelation material, which you never find in aftermarket manufacturing.

C) Carpet from Stock Interiors is 65-70% adapted to WJ. You still need to cut (its not pre-cut), no special place for AC/Air deflectors for rear passengers etc.

In my case - the carpet was dead, smell like sh*t and I have no choice - but to replace.

Artem
post #5 of 8 Old 09-30-2021, 08:13 PM
xcaliber81

2004 WJ 

I just detailed probably the top 5 dirtiest vehicle ever an 02 laredo. About 10 to 16 hrs and tbh it came 95% clean I was shocked lol. Didn't remove the carpet but for how much I stripped the interior I could very well have.
post #6 of 8 Old 10-05-2021, 01:13 PM
leadsled jeep

2002 WJ 

I’ve done the HOT soapy water and scrub brush technique many times, with from seats outside of course. All day project with wet dry vac and a sunny day to help dry with windows down. Longer if it’s humid or not sunny!

I replaced the carpet on my Fox body Mustang years ago as well and agree at the 65% done - gotta cut your own holes and sound deadening deal. Lotta work there as well.

post #7 of 8 Old 10-13-2021, 04:58 AM
02Lightning
2001 WJ 

I pulled my carpet and power washed it, dirt ran out of it like coffee. I just left it out for a week to dry due to the backing on it and just drove without carpet. It came out unbelievably nice. Pretty easy to pull too.

2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4.0L NV242LD Transfer Case, 42RE, 175,000 miles
post #8 of 8 Old 10-17-2021, 05:00 AM
leadsled jeep

2002 WJ 

Makes perfect sense doesn’t it? But man pulling a carpet to either wash or replace is a butt ton of work. Glad it panned out for you!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in