Replaced PCM, now 4 valve misfires - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 1 Post By Waterluvr
  • 1 Post By CraigMBAx

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 09-14-2021, 06:57 PM Thread Starter
Jvanbev1

Replaced PCM, now 4 valve misfires

Long story…my jeep wouldnt start one day and I had a key with circle around it light on the dash. I figured the skim module kicked the bucket so i sent my pcm away to get the skim requirement erased. They said my pcm was unreadable so they gave me a remanufactured one with lifetime waranty (all computer resources in florida). I plugged it in and the jeep is very rough due to misfires (cant move the car, barely stays at an idle). I left the idle for around 6 minutes to no avail. The computer has 4 stored codes all misfires of coils (p0354…idr the rest). Whats up with that? Is the pcm bad or did i forget to plug something in? Only remember the three plugs in the pcm as well as the plug on water reservoir.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 09-15-2021, 07:50 AM
Waterluvr

2004 WJ 

Garage
This horse takes a beating so much around here I really wonder at this point why anyone buys a reman pcm.

Do some reading, plenty of threads here about that particular vendor and the reman pcm business as a whole what you bought was someone else's defective core return. You paid good money for someone's problem and the people in that business know damn well they peddle junk and could care less they get away with it because their prices are a fraction of the cost a dealership charges.

Chrysler Jeep dealers handle pcm replacements with used pcm's from salvage yards that are cleaned up and have new stickers on them to indicate a part number. They are contract sourced from big national yards, no different than what you can find in your local junk yard except the price.

They work perfectly after being reflashed and installed all the time every time.

If you want to fix the issue what you'll find in all those old threads in more or less a Cliff Notes version is you go down to a pick and pull yard and grab a matching part number pcm that hasn't been tampered with and you can mail that to me and I'll be happy to flash it for you using the same procedure a dealer does for next to nothing compared to what dealers charge.

If you need some help send me a pm with your email and I'll get in touch.
CraigMBAx likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 09-15-2021, 11:17 AM
CraigMBAx

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterluvr View Post
This horse takes a beating so much around here I really wonder at this point why anyone buys a reman pcm.
They come here after they get scorched. Not before.
Waterluvr likes this.

1999 WJ Limted - Ex Soccer Mom ride turned Rule 25 Compliant Bike Hauler

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in