OEM leather Seat covers - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 12-18-2010, 08:46 PM Thread Starter
nickblack
1999 WJ 

OEM leather Seat covers

Does anyone know where to buy some new OEM or OEM like leather seat covers? I have a 99 WJ with the Camel, leather seats. Would like to replace the fronts only.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-18-2010, 09:32 PM
Bubba3200
2002 WJ 

Look up Iggee seat covers. I have a set in TJ and they are awsome. Fit like a glove.
post #3 of 10 Old 12-18-2010, 09:52 PM
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubba3200 View Post
Look up Iggee seat covers. I have a set in TJ and they are awsome. Fit like a glove.
They list a WJ as a Cherokee.

Watching the installation video....looks like they just go on over top of the existing seat covers.......lots of creases and slack. Looks cheap. Not to mention, I wonder if it would effect the seat heater operation.

I would be interested in OEM covers as well, as mine are shot. I'm short, and sliding into a lifted leather seat has destroyed it.

~Aaron

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 Old 12-18-2010, 10:01 PM
LowGT

2012 WK 

Katzkin, I changed my F150 from cloth to leather with their kit and it looks 100% stock. You have to remove everything and the new stuff installs like OEM with clips, rings, etc.... I took my time with it and it took a whole weekend. I got my kit through ebay for $500 for a supercrew truck. Their kits retail are kinda pricey, but I think its very worth it for the quality. The fit is nice and snug, and 40k miles in 3 years with Texas sun and no garage it still looks awesome. No cracking or drying, and I'm not anal about upkeep. I think I've put conditioner on them once a year at best.
post #5 of 10 Old 12-18-2010, 10:04 PM
narnwv

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowGT View Post
Katzkin, I changed my F150 from cloth to leather with their kit and it looks 100% stock. You have to remove everything and the new stuff installs like OEM with clips, rings, etc.... I took my time with it and it took a whole weekend. I got my kit through ebay for $500 for a supercrew truck. Their kits retail are kinda pricey, but I think its very worth it for the quality. The fit is nice and snug, and 40k miles in 3 years with Texas sun and no garage it still looks awesome. No cracking or drying, and I'm not anal about upkeep. I think I've put conditioner on them once a year at best.

So you do remove the OEM covers? In their video it showed them installing them on top of existing covers:

YouTube - Installation for Iggee custom seat covers

~Aaron

post #6 of 10 Old 12-18-2010, 10:16 PM
LowGT

2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by narnwv View Post
So you do remove the OEM covers? In their video it showed them installing them on top of existing covers:

I don't know about about Iggee seat covers, but Katzkin are replacement covers. I had to completely remove the seats from the truck, all the plastic trim from them, remove the back from the base, "de-skin" the factory cloth covers from the seats, and then install the new stuff from Katzkin directly to the foam and with hog-rings through the foam to the frame just like the factory did.

If you notice in the video how there is an indentation in the center and sides of the factory seat, its acheived partly by the shape of the foam and mostly from metal rods attached to the seat cover that get connected to the seat frame with hog ring clips. It's a PITA, but looks awesome when done.
post #7 of 10 Old 12-18-2010, 10:23 PM
LowGT

2012 WK 

Oh yea, the headrest install in that video is funny. I had to call katzkin for help because the hole is so small I couldn't get the old one off or the new one on. They told me shops have a vacuum device so I replicated it with my Dyson. I had to cut the factory cover off, put the headrest in a trash bag, use the Dyson to suck all the air out and compress the foam, them slip the new cover on, turn off the Dyson, and cut off excess trash bag. Worked like a charm. When the vac was turned off the foam expanded and it was super snug.
post #8 of 10 Old 12-19-2010, 08:45 AM
jdrogers
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickblack View Post
Does anyone know where to buy some new OEM or OEM like leather seat covers? I have a 99 WJ with the Camel, leather seats. Would like to replace the fronts only.
Did you check with the dealer?

I checked on my '02 Limited and they can order them, but they are super expensive. Even with my big time discount (cost plus 10%) they run something like $500 for each part (seat cushion and seat back are separate).

The parts guy suggested the upholstery shop they use to put leather into new vehicles. They normally charge less than a grand for both front and rear seats and looks just like factory. You might check out some upholstery shops.

2002 WJ Limited, Stone White, 4.7L H.O., Quadra Drive
OME Springs, MX6 Shocks, BFG 265/70R17 All-Terrain, Level 8 Tracker Wheels
Scottsdale, AZ
post #9 of 10 Old 12-19-2010, 12:54 PM
LowGT

2012 WK 

There's some stuff on ebay right now but it seems to dance around the 1999 WJ. I'm sure if you keep your eyes on it something will pop up. They had a brand new 94-98 complete interior set for $250. There were some complete leather seats for $300.
post #10 of 10 Old 12-19-2010, 02:30 PM Thread Starter
nickblack
1999 WJ 

Thanks guys. Looks like I got research to do.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in