New have a question - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 06-20-2019, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
Bigwalk75

New have a question

Hey what’s up everyone new here. I have question hoping someone will have a answer I have a 2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee I bought it with a blown 4.0..bought a new 4.0 rebuilt all new sensors crank sensor everything is new it does not start at all new fuel pump it acts like it wants to but nothing I have air fuel and spark! Is there some other sensor that will cause it not to start any help would be highly appreciated this thing is driving me nuts thanks eric

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 06-21-2019, 05:49 AM
Kruzin
Web Wheeler

2009 JK Wrangler 

There's a thousand things it could be. What are the stored OBDII codes telling you is wrong?

'09 JK Rubicon
'01 XJ Sport
'10 Fusion
post #3 of 7 Old 06-21-2019, 07:26 AM
jtec
2014 JK Wrangler 

the codes as mentioned then
start with basics-
you said spark - at several plugs?
fuel what is PSI?
is there 12v at injectors?
are injectors pulsing?

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.

post #4 of 7 Old 06-21-2019, 03:34 PM Thread Starter
Bigwalk75

Ya I have spark at all the plugs I checked the fuel injectors for pulse and 12 V all good and there’s no codes because I can’t get to start and there’s no codes stored in the ECM the motor was bought from O’Reilly auto parts Where I work part time it acts like it wants to start but nothing like I said it’s got all new everything sensors crank sensor starter alternator everything’s new also I have good fuel pressure got a new pump..I bought this thing to give to my uncle has a nice body no rust but I have no idea what to do.. also I’ve checked the timing a dozen times at top dead center everything lines up like it’s supposed to do but nothing..sorry for rambling thx
post #5 of 7 Old 06-21-2019, 04:12 PM
jtec
2014 JK Wrangler 

you say- good spark, the injectors are pulsing, I would now ask what is fuel PSI?
Try spraying some carb cleaner into TB as someone tries to start eng- did it fire and try to run on spray?

Next would be compression tests.
A vacuum reading when cranking.

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.
post #6 of 7 Old 06-21-2019, 07:10 PM Thread Starter
Bigwalk75

I figured it out I checked the crank sensor it was bad it was bad out of the box it starts right up I feel like a fool but it happens cheap Chinese junk I put a Jeep one on there From the dealer and it started right up just wanna say thank you guys for the info made have 2d thoughts on everything but thank you!!
post #7 of 7 Old 06-21-2019, 07:20 PM
wildbill23c
1998 ZJ 

Great to hear you fixed it, but I think several other forum members have mentioned in other posts that a few of the sensors on the Jeeps are extremely picky if you don't use a "Jeep" sensor it'll give you all sorts of fits. I wasn't aware of that issue either until reading a few posts from forum members stating certain sensors need to be "Jeep" ones.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in