Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Vote for your May 2019 WJoTM

• BeetleCamry

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • jayheats

Votes: 9 75.0%

May WJ of the Month Contest (2019) - VOTE NOW!

960 views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  jayheats 
#1 ·
Vote now in our May 2019 WJ of the Month Contest!

Voting ends at 12:34 PM (CT) on June 5th. (For those curious about the weird closing time, I can't pick a specific time to close polls so they close X days from the time I start it.)

#2 ·
@BeetleCamry

Mods (optional): No mods at all, 100 percent stock

Story (optional): Had my eye set on a 2004 Midnight Blue SE in my state. When I went to buy, the transmission wouldn't shift properly. That Jeep also had 4 owners and 2 accidents and 166k miles. So I left the lot feeling bad. Went to eat and fired up google and found this one. My current 2004. This on was a one owner, no accidents but higher mileage 202k. Looked new inside and out and looked like a fresh engine rebuild. Was an exact copy of the one I WAS looking at, just no adjustable pedals. Picked it up right away. Only thing she needs is a little TLC. Had a WK for 3 years, which I sold, and finally found my WJ! Plans are to keep it 100 percent stock and do a restoration. This one is too nice for the trails and mud.....maybe haha.

Pictures:

Wheel Automotive parking light Cloud Sky Tire

Wheel Automotive parking light Tire Automotive side marker light Car

Automotive parking light Car Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle

#3 ·
@jayheats

Title: 2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee "Trailhawk"

Specs:

• Upcountry Suspension Package
  • D30 Front Varilok - 3.73
  • D44A Rear Varilok - 3.73
  • 242 Transfer Case Swap
  • JK Rubicon Rims
  • 265/65R17 Wrangler Duratrac Tires
  • Front, Rear and Transfer Case Skid Plate
  • Front Tow Hooks
  • RC Front .75 spacer to level out the front
  • IRONROCK spring perches
  • JKS Trackbar
  • Rubicon Express Disconnects
  • ZJ Washer Bottle Mod
  • B&M Tranny Cooler
  • Front Shocks BPE
  • Powerstop Akebono brake calipers
  • Drilled and slotted rotors
  • Z36 brake pads
  • Rugged Ridge Floor Mats

Story:

TRAILHAWK is a Jeep trim level on many models that stands for the best trail rated version of that model from the manufacturer. It isn't necessarily the most luxurious, or in many cases even the most expensive, but it is the most capable of the various trim selections. The special trim also includes many trim level exclusives like tow hooks, special wheels, all-terrain tires, and a trail rated 4X4 drivetrain. While the Trailhawk trim level did not exist in 2004, I thought it might be cool to see what a WJ might look like "TRAILHAWK" Style.

Introducing our candidate for the WJ Trailhawk, a 2004 Limited Grand Cherokee Limited with Stock Upcountry Suspension, Varilock F/R Axles and Skidplates. The goal of this vehicle is to have a near-to-stock (but highly capable) 4x4 with 4lo to get us to our favorite camping, fishing and paragliding spots. Utilize the power of the 4.7 engine for towing a trailer with ATVs or kayaks, all while trying to maintain low COG and decent fuel mileage.

As a montage to the last year the Grand Cherokee had a solid front axle, lets see if we can help this WJ earn the Trailhawk badge.

Qualifications for the TrailHawk Badge;

• Tow hooks
  • Upgraded Jeep wheels
  • All-terrain tires
  • Skid Plates
  • Trail Rated 4X4 drivetrain
  • Most capable offroad of the various trim selections

Tucking the 31 inch tires was tricky and required trimming the front bumper, hammering pinch seams, relocating washer bottle and horns. I even found some thin foglights so the tires wouldn't rub on them. I needed these tires to fit even when flexing and disconnected! After the trimming was complete, I was able to replace the inner wheel liners and stretched it into place and tested out the flex. Perfect, no rubbing at all! Now that this rig meets the Trailhawk qualifications, I'm happy to say I really enjoy the increased offroad abilities and even flexes better than stock. Camping and fishing adventures here I come!

Pictures:

Automotive parking light Sky Wheel Tire Car

Automotive parking light Wheel Automotive side marker light Sky Car

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Vehicle registration plate Car

#6 ·
Friday bump!

#9 ·
BUMP!

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.