2Likes
  • 1 Post By 007matman
  • 1 Post By 007matman

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 10-22-2019, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
POSOADAM

Garage
Lift kit

My 2001 wj has a 2 inch spacer kit, can i add a 2 inch spring lift kit with it.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 10-22-2019, 07:04 PM
007matman

Sure.. don't think you're done throwing parts at it though.. you won't be happy with it.

It's probably cheaper and better to pull those pucks off and just buy a 4" lift if that's what you want.
@Kolak

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Kolak likes this.
post #3 of 7 Old 10-23-2019, 01:03 AM
Spamoo123

You might run into some problems with 4" lift on a wj without at least adjustable arms. What size tires are you trying to fit in there? Also that much lift is going to eat up your front driveshaft if you don't swap it for a double cardan u joint style shaft. Also that 4" is really going to put a lot of caster angle on your front axle with stock arms. You will probably also need to put a thick spacer under your rear upper control arm between the axle and control arm mount or it's going to put a lot of strain on that arms bushings and they will be clunking in their mounts every time the rear suspension un-loads.

post #4 of 7 Old 10-23-2019, 01:05 AM
Kolak
Vendor

Are you going to a taller tire? If so what size?

Kolak Performance and Offroad
Member: Specialty Equipment Market Association
Telephone: 480 998-3661

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
or
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 7 Old 10-23-2019, 01:33 AM
Spamoo123

If you are going to buy new springs why not just buy 4" springs and ditch the pucks altogether? You're going to need an adjustable track bar as well. And longer sway bar links unless you plan on removing them completely. Unlike a lot of people I kind of pieced my lift kit together instead of dropping 2k on a vehicle I only gave a grand for. So now I am gathering a decent bit of experience of the problems you are going to have and how to work around them without breaking your wallet. Right now I'm having issues with cheap bushings that came on some no name brand parts. I'm running 32" tires on a more or less 4.5" lift. It took 8" of hockey puck and the bump stops from an xj front inside my front springs to limit uptravel enough to stop the wheels from getting stuffed. Only 4" of pucks in the rear for the same effect.
post #6 of 7 Old 10-23-2019, 09:23 AM Thread Starter
POSOADAM

Garage
I'm running a 255/75r17 and added the spacer kit but front tires still rub when turning.
post #7 of 7 Old 10-23-2019, 10:17 AM
007matman

3" lift is all you need of that's the tire you're going to be running. If you want to go larger you may need more.

Kolak will set you up. I think you should be fine with 3" springs, shocks, maybe an adjustable Trac-bar. At that height you may be able to be ok without that last one.

When you get to 4" there is a whole lot more that needs to be done.

Eventually, you'll need to address that front DS but you'd probably be fine for a while with what you have (as long as it's in good condition).

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Kolak likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in