Jeep wj winch mount - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 12-28-2019, 03:53 PM Thread Starter
Randomlyawesom

Jeep wj winch mount

Ive looked and looked at winch mounts that went full bumpers and I’ve found the RC winch mount. It looks nice and perfect but does anyone know if it’s strong enough? Would beefing it up a little be enough for recovery and a good 9500 lb winch?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 12-29-2019, 01:08 PM
MuloChico
2006 WK 

I've been looking at these:

https://goliathoffroad.com/index.php...&product_id=54

https://www.hkoffroad.com/products/w...s-1999-to-2004 (this one has some problems connecting sometimes)

I like the hkoffroad one the best (most expensive), but I have problems connecting to their website. These are both hidden winches. I saw a video on YouTube for the Rough Country one (or something very similar) on a ZJ. It was done by BleepinJeeps.com (
)

Hope this helps
post #3 of 10 Old 12-29-2019, 05:35 PM Thread Starter
Randomlyawesom

Quote:
Originally Posted by MuloChico View Post
I've been looking at these:

http://goliathoffroad.com/index.php?...&product_id=54

http://www.hkoffroad.com/products/wj...s-1999-to-2004 (this one has some problems connecting sometimes)

I like the hkoffroad one the best (most expensive), but I have problems connecting to their website. These are both hidden winches. I saw a video on YouTube for the Rough Country one (or something very similar) on a ZJ. It was done by BleepinJeeps.com (
)

Hope this helps
Yes but I want something that sticks out like the rc one. The hidden winch won’t work well with my current setup and what I want to do. I’m mostly asking if the rc one is strong enough or if I beef it up will it be strong enough

post #4 of 10 Old 12-30-2019, 06:45 AM
HampshireWJ

2003 WJ 

Hi, I tried to look for RC winch mounts but all I find is 'radio controlled' models - then it occurred to me it was probably Rough Country! Those model makers are pretty serious fellas though.

Back to topic, I have purchased the Warn front receiver hitch - https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/...-04-wj-980944/ as dicussed here. I figured I didn't always want the winch on the vehicle and using something to fit the receiver meant I could use the winch front or back provided you have extension cable and quick disconnect plugs. Bought mine from Kolak.
post #5 of 10 Old 12-30-2019, 10:51 AM Thread Starter
Randomlyawesom

Quote:
Originally Posted by HampshireWJ View Post
Hi, I tried to look for RC winch mounts but all I find is 'radio controlled' models - then it occurred to me it was probably Rough Country! Those model makers are pretty serious fellas though.

Back to topic, I have purchased the Warn front receiver hitch - https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f13/w...-04-wj-980944/ as dicussed here. I figured I didn't always want the winch on the vehicle and using something to fit the receiver meant I could use the winch front or back provided you have extension cable and quick disconnect plugs. Bought mine from Kolak.
Yeah I’m talking to kolak. I just would rather have the winch mount and have a shop weld on a hitch tube for it so I have dual use at the same time and I want it to stick out and up high.
post #6 of 10 Old 02-12-2020, 05:11 AM
Derby25

I got the rc winch mount with a 13k winch and yes it is plenty sturdy. Very easy to install and I like the way the plates it comes with like sandwiches the frame.
post #7 of 10 Old 02-14-2020, 09:53 AM
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

Man those are both killer options. What is going on with HK? I know its a small shop but all of their stuff says sold out. Is he only building for each order he receives?
post #8 of 10 Old 02-14-2020, 12:16 PM
LuthWJ77

Garage
Yeah I got his hidden winch mount a couple years ago took like 6 months to receive it. It's pretty bad *** though. Check his IG he sent a message last year or so saying he'd build a batch of a product and would sell first come first serve. Just him an another guy I think working nights and weekends.
post #9 of 10 Old 02-14-2020, 02:19 PM
Bigrigr

2000 WJ 

Garage
Yeah, i want that HK spare tire mount setup, but it says on his webpage he isnt going to be building them till may...I'm not a patient person....Its probably better in the long run though, i need to find the cash first anyway. lol

'00LMTD-4.7l,242hd,D30,D44A,3.73's,True-trac front,Spartan rear,3"BBfront,2"BBrear,JK'sW/32's
post #10 of 10 Old 02-14-2020, 11:18 PM
sparky636

2001 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigrigr View Post
Yeah, i want that HK spare tire mount setup, but it says on his webpage he isnt going to be building them till may...I'm not a patient person....Its probably better in the long run though, i need to find the cash first anyway. lol
I have both the HK Hidden Winch Mount and the Kratos tire carrier, and love them. I'm currently drooling over the HK bumper.
While these were being built I would visit their shop, since I had a work project going on less than 5 miles away. HK Offroad is literally 2 guys. Bash the owner, and his brother. I'm pretty sure Bash's day job is more than your typical 40 hour per week gig, as well.
They build a good product.

2001, 4.7 Quadradrive.
*HK Hidden Winch Mount*Hk Kratos*Dana 30 ARB*JCR Sliders*IRO SHort Arms Front*RC Long Arm Rear*6.5" IRO Springs*Bilstein 5125*JK Takeoffs*LUX LED & KC HiLite Rock Lights

Instagram: @dolmstead428 @trailmigos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in