Intake manifold compatibility for 2004 4.7 non HO - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 04-07-2020, 02:34 PM Thread Starter
Navlou84

Intake manifold compatibility for 2004 4.7 non HO

So I'm replacing my intake manifold due to debris from valve seat failure of original motor, and i have another intake manifold with p/n 53032459AC laying around. Would this be compatable with my motor? Motor is 4.7 SO model 8th VIN N, with original manifold no. 53013403AD. I have read somewhere that they are the same but couldnt find much else.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 Old 04-07-2020, 03:05 PM
CJREX
2004 WJ 

For 2003-2004 all Jeep 4.7 intakes are the same, HO and standard.

Go here for the cross reference chart from wjjeeps.com

From a quick search it looks like the manifold you have is off a Dakota/Durango or possibly Ram.

I don't know if that will bolt up to the Jeep engine.

2004 Grand Cherokee Overland
2" BDS springs 265/70/17 Milestar Patagonia MT
Kolak exhaust
post #3 of 10 Old 04-07-2020, 04:48 PM
Spyder62

Can you measure the height of both? I wonder about clearance issues. Martinbuilt had a good video of him installing an 08 intake on a 04 wj. I think he had to drop the motor some at the motor mounts to get it in there. Good luck!

post #4 of 10 Old 04-07-2020, 05:07 PM Thread Starter
Navlou84

Im positive its off an 02 grand cherokee, just cant remember if it was HO, looking at the link CJREX posted and im not sure it would make the clearance. Ill have to measure when i get home
post #5 of 10 Old 04-07-2020, 07:18 PM
LelandGray
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder62 View Post
Can you measure the height of both? I wonder about clearance issues. Martinbuilt had a good video of him installing an 08 intake on a 04 wj. I think he had to drop the motor some at the motor mounts to get it in there. Good luck!
I was able to install my 08 intake manifold on my 01 without lowering the engine. All I did was remove the weather stripping along top of the engine to get it in.

2001 WJ Limited w/ QuadraDrive
Bilstein 5125's
jgcparts 2.5"/2" BB
JK take offs & 265/75R17's
post #6 of 10 Old 04-07-2020, 07:21 PM
Spyder62

Leland, how are you coming along with your motor? Did you do the 08 cam as well
post #7 of 10 Old 04-08-2020, 07:13 AM
LelandGray
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder62 View Post
Leland, how are you coming along with your motor? Did you do the 08 cam as well
It's coming along. I finally got all the valve stem seals, new valve springs, and lash adjusters in. I ended up not using the 08 camshafts. I had taken them out of a truck at the junk yard and didn't notice until I went to install them that bearing surfaces were trashed. However, I did have a set of HO camshafts that I had picked up that are in good shape, so those went in instead. I was pretty bummed, I was looking forward to the 08's.

I got the timing chains, guides, and tensioners put in and the timing cover back on. I need to go rent a torque wrench to tighten up the camshaft bolts and the crankshaft bolt. My wrench only goes to 80 ft/lbs. I also need to get a harmonic pulley installer tool.

I'll get my valve covers back on next, install my modded fuel rails and 12 hole injectors, then get the intake manifold and ported throttle body put in.

Hopefully I'll have it all back together early next week! Thanks for asking!

Bilstein 5125's
jgcparts 2.5"/2" BB
post #8 of 10 Old 04-08-2020, 07:36 AM
smokeyyank

Following this as I'm in the same boat. Need a new intake and not having a lot of luck finding a replacement that isn't a fortune.

Out of curiosity does anyone know how to clean an intake manifold to reuse? Can they be hot tanked? Or??

04 WJ, 4.7HO
3" IRO lift, fastman TB, 32s, lunchbox rear 242HD, 3" exhaust
post #9 of 10 Old 04-08-2020, 09:31 PM
LelandGray
2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyyank View Post
Out of curiosity does anyone know how to clean an intake manifold to reuse? Can they be hot tanked? Or??
I don't know if I did the *best* job, but I cleaned mine. I bought a large cheap storage tub and filled it with a mix of water and Purple Power cleaner. Let it soak for a while, then took a heavy duty dryer vent cleaning brush I brought at Lowe's and scrubbed every intake runner I could. Rinsed and repeated multiple times, even soaked it a few more times, then just ran the water hose through it until the water coming out of the intake runners was as clear as it was going in. From what I can tell, it turned out pretty clean.

Bilstein 5125's
jgcparts 2.5"/2" BB
post #10 of 10 Old 04-09-2020, 09:45 AM
sdg3205

2001 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokeyyank View Post
Following this as I'm in the same boat. Need a new intake and not having a lot of luck finding a replacement that isn't a fortune.

I used a solvent tank for the big stuff, then Pine Sol in a hot water bath and left it for two weeks. Lots of rinsing, brushing, repeating etc. That was for my 2008 manifold. Going forward, install catch cans off the PCV and your intake will keep that minty fresh scent for years to come.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in