Frame stiffening - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 05-17-2020, 10:42 PM Thread Starter
cryogenic

Frame stiffening

So i'm looking to make my 00 wj kind of a sleeper. Got an LM7 5.3 motor to swap in, and yes I know I'm going to have to mess with the frame to get it to fit. I also know that if I want to push 600-700hp I need to stiffen the frame, especially If i take it on the trails. I'm planning on grabbing two sets of tires anyways, road and trail tires, so i can have some fun doing the speed limit in a wj . I'm just curious to know what parts of the frame need to be stiffened. I can buy a "complete" front to back stiffening kit trail forged and dmetalworx.com but will these be enough? I also considered adding a roll cage, which I've heard can add a level of rigidity in terms of torsion stresses on the frame, especially if its welded in and not bolted. Anyone have opinions on what i should be doing?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 05-25-2020, 04:00 AM
TollyWJ

if you want a fast SUV, a WJ is not going to be the answer. They were never designed with much more than 200hp in mind. Youll have to do much more than stiffen the unibody. want a fast suv? a better base would be a trail blazer or 2005-2020 jeeps. they at least have more aftermarket support for go fast stuff.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in