1Likes
  • 1 Post By smokeyyank

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-13-2021, 12:45 PM Thread Starter
dig4gold
2004 WJ 

Garage
Flashpaq Superchips F5 questions???

I've reprogramed my '04 WJ w/4.7HO a dozen or more times and I'm still getting lousy gas mileage in town. Maybe 200-225 miles per tank. I drive with an egg under my foot and rarely put my foot in it. Fun when I do though!! I've tried clearing it to stock before programming, and re-programming without returning it to stock and no difference. I've also drove it stock for a tank or so and no significant difference. Am I doing something wrong? Or should I just sell the damn thing?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-13-2021, 09:20 PM
JoMc67
1999 WJ 

Garage
Well, I have an 01' Durango w/4.7 (HO Manifold & Cams) also use the Stupidchips @87 Octane Summer Gas and getting around 275 per Tank in Town, 350 Highway, and 325 Highway/City Combined...Anyways, somfink like that :-)

Thinking of changing out the Fuel Filter and Regulator in hopes to get even more Mileage.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-13-2021, 10:23 PM
xcaliber81

2004 WJ 

I honestly don't keep track of my fuel mileage I probably should lol. I use the 87 tune I get regular 10 cents cheaper at the card lock I use. A few years ago going from prince george bc to MacKenzie id go there 200 km on a Monday use it back and forth to work for a week and Friday I went home 200 kms again all on 1 tank so roughly 430 ish kms? Usually my fuel light was on by the time I went back to the same card lock. I have a heavy foot too.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-14-2021, 07:06 AM
smokeyyank

Lifted or stock? Bigger tires or stock? What PSI your tires at? When's the last time you did a tune up (air filter, plugs, etc) ?
Bigrigr likes this.

04 WJ, 4.7HO
3" IRO lift, fastman TB, 32s, lunchbox rear 242HD, 3" exhaust
post #5 of 5 Old 05-14-2021, 09:02 AM
jserna
1987 YJ Wrangler 

From my experience, the mileage setting sucks. It detunes the engine to much for where I live. It did work pretty well in Californina on the highway through the flat country.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in