Evap Issues - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 10-18-2021, 09:03 PM Thread Starter
2004WJlover

Evap Issues

Hello All, Now Im working on my 2003 WJ its the 4.0L. I keep getting the CEL and codes are for EVAP Small leak and EVAP Large leak. The location on the rear fender and the system as a hole are a joke. Is there a way to trick the computer by jump wiring either the underhood 2 pin harness or the back connector. I hate having the CEL on for such a petty reason. Took the stuff down behind rear tire and cant find a leak, also replaced the gas cap.

I just want to cap the 2 vacuum ports on manifold and unplug controls but how do I jet rid of the CEL.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-19-2021, 06:24 AM
leadsled jeep

2002 WJ 

Working on it isn’t horrible. Taking rear bumper cover off is super easy. I replaced some old rubber hoses and a check valve of some sort and made my CELs go away.

For a WEAK and IGNORANT sheople, SERF-dom is a Reward, not a Curse. W1CCW
post #3 of 3 Old 10-19-2021, 07:25 PM
Mattyjm
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2004WJlover View Post
Hello All, Now Im working on my 2003 WJ its the 4.0L. I keep getting the CEL and codes are for EVAP Small leak and EVAP Large leak. The location on the rear fender and the system as a hole are a joke. Is there a way to trick the computer by jump wiring either the underhood 2 pin harness or the back connector. I hate having the CEL on for such a petty reason. Took the stuff down behind rear tire and cant find a leak, also replaced the gas cap.

I just want to cap the 2 vacuum ports on manifold and unplug controls but how do I jet rid of the CEL.
If you like to "top-off" your gas tank, you'll have this problem sometimes. I just let the pump click off when filling up and return the gas nozzle to the pump. It avoids EVAP issues when the stupid thing can't breathe properly.

2004 Special Edition WJ. LOADED!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in