Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Electrical Gremlins

695 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  twilkas 
#1 ·
So I posted a while back to get some feedback on my issue. Basically it was suggested to clean my grounds. Did that with no change. Seeing what you guys think...
02 WJ Limited. Once it turned 100k (seems pretty coincidental lol) on Christmas the following issues started....
* EVIC does not display temp or any info regarding to MPG/DTE. Still shows compass. Still shows drive time. Still shows distance to service.
* Power windows no longer function. Previously I had a broken ground wire, but fixed that. Lock button work (as do the locks), mirrors work, and defrost works on the mirror. Speaker in the door works too. None of my window switches are illuminated or anything. Prior to the ground wire breaking windows worked fine if there was a complete connection.
* When I turn on the high beams or the fog lights there is no indication on the dash that they are on. The lights themselves work, just no indication they are on. All other indication lights seem fine (CRUISE, MIL, ABS - Which is always on, Turn Signal Indicators, etc)
* Auto headlights don't work
* Dash illumination does not do any other setting than high.
* The only way I can get the interior lights to work in the truck (aside from physically pushing them on) is to use the stalk. They do not light up when I open the door. The EVIC shows door open when the door is open but the lights do not come on
* No horn or light response when using the fob to lock/unlock. Setting is on in the EVIC. Locks and everything work.

Like I said I cleaned the grounds. Fixed the broken one in the door, and checked the fuses. Everything seems mechanically fine. I'm thinking its the BCM, but I'm not too knowledgeable in electrical and don't want to start throwing parts. Been there done that too many times. Any suggestions on what to do next?

See less See more
#2 ·
Try this, posted previously by me: ISSUES-more than National Geographic (ha ha), anyhow from out of the blue as follows: gone-alarm, power windows, engine disabled (run 5 sec then shut off), some idiot lights, wrong ignition key warning. Checked the battery terminals, some grounds, and the infamous door black wire issue. Spent an hour or more on this forum until a post regarding the terminal blocks.
FIXED-opened the 2 large white plastic terminal blocks located in front passenger side behind kick panel on right side, maybe a half cup of water drained out of the 2 of them, aha, probably the problem. Blew them out with air gun, gently wire brushed (detail brushes from HF), sprayed with contact cleaner, blew out again, engine started & ran, but dash light up like Xmas tree. Did the cleaning routine again 2 more times, all is good now, cherry to the bone!
EPILOGUE-checked all the drains, found 2 small sunroof drains clogged, blew out with air, all clear, rained heavily last night-no water in passenger area!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.