1Likes
  • 1 Post By Waterluvr
  • 1 Post By emptypockets33

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 07-22-2019, 10:53 AM Thread Starter
emptypockets33
2003 WJ 

Question Driver's side panel failed

Ok, this is different from all other info I could find. I normally lock my doors with the driver's side switch and yesterday I do it but it doesn't work, I hit it one more time and it works but after that the panel was inoperative (no windows, no lock). Here is where it is different from others: I CAN roll the windows up on my other doors on THOSE doors (not the driver's side), also the wires in the door are fine.

Is it the switch in the driver's side door and should I trust buying one from a junk yard? Auto parts store sells it for $215 and I don't want to spend that $ on a POS I'm trying to sell.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-23-2019, 08:28 AM
Waterluvr
2004 WJ 

Garage
You can direct swap the WJ master switch in the drivers door with a used part, the remotes are programmed to the passenger front door module.

Before you replace it, get a meter out and test the continuity through the switch for function if it passes the issue is in the door harness. I've found broken wires in the door boot area where the casing was still intact using a DVOM meter.
DJTimyD likes this.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-23-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
emptypockets33
2003 WJ 

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterluvr View Post
You can direct swap the WJ master switch in the drivers door with a used part, the remotes are programmed to the passenger front door module.

Before you replace it, get a meter out and test the continuity through the switch for function if it passes the issue is in the door harness. I've found broken wires in the door boot area where the casing was still intact using a DVOM meter.
Thanks! I'll give that a shot. Good to know there are actually helpful people out there
Waterluvr likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in