Dana 44a locker blues - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 8 Old 06-02-2011, 11:38 PM Thread Starter
Woods0319
2003 WJ 

Dana 44a locker blues

So does anyone know of a locker other than an Aussie or a truetrac that will work in the 44a? Spoke with Ox today and they said their locker will not work with 44a nor will the arb. Any input? My goal is fully selectable but it seems like that won't happen. When I asked the guys at Ox they told me the 44a doesn't use c-clips and has a Dana 60 pinion which is why it wouldn't work. I could've swore I've seen wf's running selectable's. Unless they swapped to a reg 44.

Travis Woods

2003 WJ, 4.7, 6" Clayton Long Arm, Magnaflow, Superchips PP, homemade intake, the rest...inw
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 Old 06-02-2011, 11:53 PM
85IrocZ-28

1999 WJ 

The only two lockers for the 44HD are the Aussie and the Spartan, both are lunchbox lockers.

There are not any selectable lockers for the 44HD, but many have swapped axles so that they have other options.

*Project Yeti* 99 JGC Limited 4.7 w/6.5" Rockkrawler LA & IRO A-arm, Goodyear MTR 35's on MB TKO's, 4.56 Yukon's, Iceland Offroad Bumper/Flares/Sliders, Protofab Rear Carrier, SuperChips, Uniden/Firestick, Flowmaster, Smittybilt 8k Synthetic Line Winch.

My Jeep is Organic - Undercoated in 100% all natural Utah Dirt --- Utah Jeep Crew #49 ~Will
2012 JeepForum GCOTY ---
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 8 Old 06-02-2011, 11:57 PM
WJwheelin
1999 WJ 

and if you have the vari-lock system your extra screwed.
Have to change out all the insides to open diff guts before putting in a lunch box locker
....I'm screwed

post #4 of 8 Old 06-03-2011, 04:21 AM
Apollo21

2002 WJ 

Not all the insides just the shafts.

also 44HD=44a

Midshipmen Patrick 1/C USMMA DD: 2004 Golf GLS TDI 43mpg and 2002 Overland: Zone 4in, 32in Treadwright MTRs, IRO upper CAs, lift gate light mod, Alpine/Polk speakers, and power inverter with USB in dash mod, CB, custom rear swing out tire carrier Build thread
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
SOLD
post #5 of 8 Old 06-03-2011, 07:14 AM
FirefightinWJ
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollo21 View Post
Not all the insides just the shafts.

also 44HD=44a
No, all the insides.

You need an open carrier to install a lunchbox locker. The VariLok carrier will not work with a locker.

FWIW, I'm really happy with my spartan. Price was right, install was easy, and it works as advertised.

LET'S GO PSU
04 WJ Laredo I6
5.5" IRO CP
32" BFG M/Ts on JK 17's

-Devin
post #6 of 8 Old 06-03-2011, 09:30 AM
tsconver

2003 WJ 

I am running a selectable locker but I had a iron D44 grafted onto my axle tubes, see my build thread.

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

We have room but for one flag, the American flag . . . We have room but for one language, and that is the English language . . . And we have room for but one sole loyalty...and that is a loyalty to the American people. T. Roosevelt 1919

2003 Grand Cherokee 4.0L Laredo

A few goodies

2001 Kawasaki 1200 ZRX
A few Speed parts, fun to ride

2006 Red Liberty
Wife's ride, pretty stock

post #7 of 8 Old 06-03-2011, 09:50 AM
skain8

2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsconver View Post
I am running a selectable locker but I had a iron D44 grafted onto my axle tubes, see my build thread.
I've always liked this option. When my 44a craps the bed, this is the route I'll probably be going.

The aussie, or any lunchbox, isn't really that bad. Just takes some getting used to especially in certain driving conditions. Offroad, of course, it works like a charm.

'02 WJ: 4.7L, 5", HP44/9", 231HD, tall & skinny KM2's

post #8 of 8 Old 06-03-2011, 09:52 AM
tsconver

2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by skain8 View Post
I've always liked this option. When my 44a craps the bed, this is the route I'll probably be going.

The aussie, or any lunchbox, isn't really that bad. Just takes some getting used to especially in certain driving conditions. Offroad, of course, it works like a charm.
there have been some reports of the spartan failing or wearing out much faster than the aussie.

Speak softly and carry a big stick.

We have room but for one flag, the American flag . . . We have room but for one language, and that is the English language . . . And we have room for but one sole loyalty...and that is a loyalty to the American people. T. Roosevelt 1919

2003 Grand Cherokee 4.0L Laredo

A few goodies

2001 Kawasaki 1200 ZRX
A few Speed parts, fun to ride

2006 Red Liberty
Wife's ride, pretty stock

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in