Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Control arms ???

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  THEBAD1 
#1 ·
Ok just did a "2 left, Fat Bob's springs , Belisten 1500, end links, track bar, Isolators, ball joints , all new tie rods and sleeves!!! MAJOR DEATH WOBBLE so bad cant drive over 30mph. Control arms are shot. ..question is stock replaces good?? or are there better arm? Mall crawler ...no wheeling Also.should i get a adjustable track bar??

Thanks on any feed back...

#5 ·
195,000 replaced the steering stabilizer last year...Rough Country. The arms are bad..was told when any friend was doing the alignment....i found out how bad they are when in hit a joint on a bridge at 70MPH and got the WOBBLE OF DEATH!!!

Is there a better steering stabilizer?? Also looking a add a adjustable track bar..any recommendations on a good one?? Also..should i get a drop bracket for the track bar with a 2" lift??

#11 ·
Do I detect a hint of overworked sarcasm here, Nick? LOLLING..... The last time I talked to you, which wasn't that long ago, you sounded overworked. One thing I definitely see as I go through thread after thread is, ALOT of us are recommending you because of your knowledge and pricing, AND, you're a SUPER nice guy.

I recommend you as much as I can because you're freakin' awesome, Nick, and us WJ owners are better because of you. I don't know if we'd do so good without you. Stay in the game and we'll try our best to help you to help us.

LONG LIVE @Kolak! If you're ordering from anywhere else, you're paying too much and waiting too long.

#9 ·
I just went thru the same thing. This fixed it for me.

1. Get the Moog K7525 track bar bushings and have them installed in your track bar
2. Change out the OEM trackbar bolts for 1/2” bolts- use a nyloc nut on the frame side. The OEM bolts have a reduced diameter and fit sloppy. Reinstall track bar and tighten bolts TITE w wheels on the ground. You want zero play in this.
3. Get the big white Moog steering stabilizer.
4. Replace your bad control arms
5. Replace your front AXLE BUSHINGS
6. Adjust any slip out of your steering box.

If you’ve had extreme death wobble, it’s very likely that ANY old rubber mounts in the the front of your Jeep are now hammered. DW even took out my motor mounts.

#10 ·
I just went thru the same thing. This fixed it for me.

1. Get the Moog K7525 track bar bushings and have them installed in your track bar
2. Change out the OEM trackbar bolts for 1/2" bolts- use a nyloc nut on the frame side. The OEM bolts have a reduced diameter and fit sloppy. Reinstall track bar and tighten bolts TITE w wheels on the ground. You want zero play in this.
3. Get the big white Moog steering stabilizer.
4. Replace your bad control arms
5. Replace your front AXLE BUSHINGS
6. Adjust any slip out of your steering box.

If you've had extreme death wobble, it's very likely that ANY old rubber mounts in the the front of your Jeep are now hammered. DW even took out my motor mounts.
Thanks... Ill try this if the arms dont take care of the problem!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.