Cat thieves - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 24 Old 10-20-2021, 07:08 PM
forestrat
2002 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rep-tile View Post
Might as well put on something like this. It's decorative. After it passes, I can put it on my Xmas tree.
I like it, but how will it pass? And if it does pass, let me know where you took it!

| '02 Grand Cherokee Limited 4.7L H.O. | 3" IRO | Bilstein 5100 | 31.6" 265/70/17 | Superchips 3875 | aFe Cold Air |
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 24 Old 10-20-2021, 09:46 PM Thread Starter
rep-tile
Cash 4 clunkers survivor

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pblanton View Post
Wonder if they're going to part out the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by twilkas View Post
rep-tile - pic #2? Fantastic, nicely done!!! what year are we talking here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by forestrat View Post
I like it, but how will it pass? And if it does pass, let me know where you took it!
Idk right now I'm just reluctant to put a real cat and it gets stolen again before I get a pass out of it. It needs to have a cat to pass visual. For the rest they just plug in a scanner. It hasn't thrown a code and probably won't. I realize the O2s are before/after the pre-cats, not the main cat. Pre-cats are still there.

04 WJ 4.0 - Avital 4103, DB-ALL
91 XJ 4.0 - Avital 4103, Stage-2 aFe intake system, BBK high flow Throttle Body, 703s injectors, Jones Exhaust

Let's Go Brandon
post #18 of 24 Old 10-21-2021, 05:15 AM
leadsled jeep

2002 WJ 

Pre cats are still there until some jack a$$ cuts them out too. What’s the world coming to? Yeah I’d NOT install a new one these days and keep you open bolt on pipe and swap with a cat for the rest only until times change and cats aren’t being stolen any more. Don’t hold your breath tho, I thing these times are here to stay.

For a WEAK and IGNORANT sheople, SERF-dom is a Reward, not a Curse. W1CCW

post #19 of 24 Old 10-22-2021, 01:01 PM
jw11432
2004 WJ 

I thought using steel cable to kinda protect my cats. Weld on one end of the cable to the pipe, wrap it around some exhaust pipe and the cats, welding periodically to keep it attached, and make it a real b!tch to get the cats out. Using a sawzall on steel cable, as I'm sure most know, is hardly a manageable task.

2004 GC Limited 4.7
post #20 of 24 Old 10-23-2021, 06:23 AM
leadsled jeep

2002 WJ 

Man things are SO broken when we have to go to these lengths to protect our stuff!

For a WEAK and IGNORANT sheople, SERF-dom is a Reward, not a Curse. W1CCW
post #21 of 24 Old 10-23-2021, 09:11 PM
speednjay

I made a planter box of screws sticking out that I park on. Seems to be working. Then I also have a trans skid plate that covers the exhaust. That has definitely done the job or my cat would’ve been gone along time ago. It was about once a month that someone woukd attempt to take my cat right in broad daylight in my driveway. I have several video shots of someone crawling under the Jeep with a sawzall then climbing out empty handed. If I caught them I’d shoot them too. So tired of the crime and non existent law enforcement
post #22 of 24 Old 10-23-2021, 09:47 PM
ShilohRed
1997 TJ Wrangler 

Not sure if it will work. But we used to have our Tire stolen from the Semi Trailers all the time. Took a pipe and fixed it over the inside pipe. They can cut all day long, that pipe just rolls around.
Guy across the road from me. Hooked up a extension cord to his cat. When he heard them screaming. He went and out and beat the old boy with a bat. Called the cops and told them there was someone under his new truck. They were screaming and bleeding. Took that fool to jail. Told the neighbor to take it easy next time.
post #23 of 24 Old 10-23-2021, 11:22 PM
jw11432
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShilohRed View Post
Guy across the road from me. Hooked up a extension cord to his cat.
I would fully expect this to compromise the electrical system of the vehicle. I must be wrong though. I guess as long as there is no completion of this voltage in the vehicle's circuit, the vehicle is fine.

2004 GC Limited 4.7
post #24 of 24 Old 10-26-2021, 07:32 AM
ShilohRed
1997 TJ Wrangler 

I would have though the same. But he still drove it that day. So guessing it did nothing to his truck. Know of 2 that power lines fell on in wrecks. Those were driven off after the lines were cleared. Way more power there also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in