• 3 Post By GmanWJ

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 09-17-2021, 12:26 PM Thread Starter
GmanWJ
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Garage
Blue Lake Offroad Rear Bumper

Anybody know anything about these guys? Thinking about ordering one of their rear bumpers. They have many options ... and they all cost a little extra -- adds up to a big price tag pretty fast. I did a full JeepForum search and found nothing.

https://www.bluelakeoffroad.com/rear...herokee-99-04/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
2.5" OME HD & Bilsteins
Dual Batteries
Aux Trailer Hookups (4awg charging & backup cam)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 09-17-2021, 12:55 PM
skain8

2002 WJ 

You may want to do some added research on that company. They appear to be iterations of former Kennesaw Mountain/Tactical Armor Group, which received some horrendous reviews in years past.
Mattimus_LV likes this.

'02 WJ: 4.7L, 5", HP44/9", 231HD, tall & skinny KM2's

post #3 of 9 Old 09-17-2021, 03:41 PM
03WJinAZ
2003 WJ 

Wow, its a nice looking bumper but your going to be $5k into it by the time you put any options on there!

post #4 of 9 Old 09-17-2021, 07:32 PM
Golden-Arm

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 03WJinAZ View Post
Wow, its a nice looking bumper but your going to be $5k into it by the time you put any options on there!

$5k? that would put me into 2, maybe 3 more. rust free wj's around here.

Uphill Slow, Downhill Fast, Tonnage First, Safety Last!
post #5 of 9 Old 09-17-2021, 11:44 PM Thread Starter
GmanWJ
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Garage
Yeah I found some reviews on Google ... not promising. The BLO model has some features that I have not seen anyone else offer. Looked like I could get the bumper I want for around 3k, which seems pretty expensive to me.

I started searching my local area for custom fab shops that might be open to making a bumper for me, but pickings are slim around here.

2.5" OME HD & Bilsteins
Dual Batteries

post #6 of 9 Old 09-18-2021, 05:30 AM
CJREX

2004 WJ 

I'm thinking about ordering the Goliath Off Road rear bumper/tire carrier.

Around $1500 total and I initially thought that was a bit much, but after looking at others it's about in line with what you would expect to pay for anything similar that's not for a Wrangler or XJ (those are quite a bit cheaper since there are so many different manufacturers)

I even toyed with the idea of getting a 4Runner or GX470 instead and kitting that out but bumpers and such are just as expensive for it.

This is the Goliath bumper

Goliath WJ Bumper/Tire Carrier

BLO is actually somewhat local to me, as well as WAM Bumpers in Douglasville, GA. Both are about an hour away.

But honestly, I like the look of the Goliath better than either and they have good reviews.

It's just a big mental hurdle to spend 50+% of the value of the vehicle to get bumpers front and rear plus a winch.

Edit: Well after hemming and hawing I finally pulled the trigger and ordered the Goliath.
GmanWJ and cDee63 like this.

2004 GC Overland 4.7 HO
Powerful Wanderer (wife named it after driving it)
265/70/17 MT, 2" BDS lift
post #7 of 9 Old 09-19-2021, 10:40 AM
darkstarmoto
2004 WJ 

I'm running a RockHard rear with tire carrier. Great piece and not overly expensive.
Kolak likes this.
post #8 of 9 Old 09-21-2021, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
GmanWJ
Web Wheeler

2002 WJ 

Garage
Exciting news! I managed to find a local fabricator who says he has done many projects like this. Current estimate is $1400 for a full custom, dual swing arm, powder coated and installed. Planning to meet with him this weekend to work out the details. If all goes well and we can move forward, I will post details in my build thread.
CJREX, cDee63 and Bigrigr like this.

2.5" OME HD & Bilsteins
Dual Batteries

post #9 of 9 Old 09-22-2021, 12:41 AM
Nkmaynard

Garage
Where is the fabricator you mentioned located? I am interested in the same.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in