Best fender trim approach. - JeepForum.com
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By ArtemDar

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 3 Old 05-12-2021, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
ArtemDar

Best fender trim approach.

Hi Guys,

Finished lift and long arm package - now its time to make real offroad not "mall crawler" jeep.

Any advice on approach how to trim? Tons of videos on youtube but what best based on your experience?

Artem

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3915.jpg   IMG_3912.jpg  
CJREX and SocalJeeper21 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 05-13-2021, 07:50 AM
CJREX

2004 WJ 

With tires extending that far I'd do the Bushwackers.

2004 GC Overland 4.7 HO
Powerful Wanderer (wife named it after driving it)
265/70/17 MT, 2" BDS lift
post #3 of 3 Old 05-13-2021, 10:34 PM
Bigrigr

2000 WJ 

Garage
I take an inside line at the bottom of the front bumper that is 2" in front of the factory edge, then angle it back to the top of the bumper cover where it attaches to the fender. Remove that same 2 " straight across the bottom until you get to the thin metal bracket ears where the bumper cover attaches with the plastic clips under the radiator. Trim the inner fender liner up a small amount until you have just enough left to drill a hole through the liner and a little metal tab that is hiding just above the fog lights. then install a plastic clip to hold the liner in place. If you cut it straight enough, 90% of the people who look at it wont even notice you did it. Minimal backspacing on the wheels, or 1 1/2" spacers or less will keep the tire from hitting the back of the front fender, however, you may be able to cheat that a bit if your lower control arms are adjustable(I assume yours are with longarms). If you still hit the fog lights, then you have to do the foglight delete. (I had to, but I didnt want to at first, now Im good with it) On the back, I just "rolled" the inside lip of the fender well all the way around. Now the tire just slips inside of it at full stuff. This part required paint and body work, but it was less than what will be needed if you trim the metal like most others do. Extended bumptops helped when I didnt want to hack into the rockers front and rear.(this is where it gets real ugly)

'00LMTD-4.7l,242hd,D30,D44A,3.73's,True-trac front,Spartan rear,4" short arm lift,JK'sW/32's

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in