Alarm will not go off!! - JeepForum.com
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By Curly48

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 15 Old 10-27-2021, 10:05 AM Thread Starter
frenemiller

Alarm will not go off!!

I have a 2003 Jeep Grand cherokee. Skim removed, computer reprogrammed for skim removal. everything was fine until i unlocked the door with the key. Now the alarm will not go off. I have tried everything!! Can anybody help??!!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 Old 10-27-2021, 10:06 AM
leadsled jeep

2002 WJ 

Have you disconnected the battery for 3min or so? Wonder if that’s help reset it?

For a WEAK and IGNORANT sheople, SERF-dom is a Reward, not a Curse. W1CCW
post #3 of 15 Old 10-27-2021, 02:36 PM
Delta0

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenemiller View Post
I have a 2003 Jeep Grand cherokee. Skim removed, computer reprogrammed for skim removal. everything was fine until i unlocked the door with the key. Now the alarm will not go off. I have tried everything!! Can anybody help??!!
I occasionally set the alarm off when I unlock.

I get the alarm to go off by locking, and then unlocking again carefully making sure I don't turn the key any further than necessary.

post #4 of 15 Old 10-27-2021, 05:16 PM
steelo2525

Turn your key 3 times in your door, unlock-lock unlock-lock unlock-lock and unlock. This is how I have to get into car so alarm doesn't go off as my key fob doesn't work.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
post #5 of 15 Old 10-28-2021, 02:06 AM
Delta0

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelo2525 View Post
Turn your key 3 times in your door, unlock-lock unlock-lock unlock-lock and unlock. This is how I have to get into car so alarm doesn't go off as my key fob doesn't work.

Have you any idea why that trick works please Steelo?
post #6 of 15 Old 10-28-2021, 03:15 AM
steelo2525

It's a back door in the programming, I was told about this on a forum here in Australia.
It's similar to the one to get codes to come up which I think is 9.

post #7 of 15 Old 10-28-2021, 08:05 AM
Delta0

Thanks, Steelo.
post #8 of 15 Old 10-28-2021, 10:29 PM
Curly48
2001 WJ 

Garage
There is a "Driver Cylinder Lock Switch" located inside the Drivers Door. It is some kind of a Magnetic Core Switch that gets activated when your turn the key to unlock and lock the Drivers Door. My 2001 WJ is missing this Magnetic Core around the Cylinder. I'm wondering if that is why my Security System will not activate. But that's another project for another day. I've attached some pictures and a page of the Workshop Service Repair Manual below. Can anyone else shed some light on what kind of Magnetic Swith this is and how it actually works? My Jeep is the Red one in the Pictures, you can that the switch is missing. Also I show the Connector located under the Drivers Door Panel.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2636.jpg   IMG_2642.jpg   IMG_2635.jpg   DVR_DOOR_CON_ 8.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: pdf WJ DRIVER CYLINDER LOCK SWITCH.pdf (1.23 MB, 4 views)
cDee63 likes this.
post #9 of 15 Old 10-29-2021, 07:20 AM
cDee63
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
I have to try this, I do not have a fob as well and my alarm goes off everytime I unlock the door with the key.. To the point I rewired the horns to a momentary foot switch to keep them quiet, because driving without a horn in Detroit is impossible,lol.

2004 Limited, 4.7 modded slightly, IRO 3" RockLink LA front, adjustable SA rear, Bilsteins, Addco bar, JKS disconnects. Coming attractions include 242hd, IRO SYE and Woods DS right after the new engine/trans..
1974 Ironhead Sportster, total custom
High speed, low drag
post #10 of 15 Old 10-29-2021, 10:40 AM Thread Starter
frenemiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delta0 View Post
Have you any idea why that trick works please Steelo?
Unfortunately, this did not work! Is there anyway to disable the alarm completely? I have searched the web and cannot find anything. I find info on other models but not this particular one!
post #11 of 15 Old 10-29-2021, 10:42 AM Thread Starter
frenemiller

Quote:
Originally Posted by steelo2525 View Post

Unfortunately, this did not work! Is there anyway to disable the alarm completely? I have searched the web and cannot find anything. I find info on other models but not this particular one!
post #12 of 15 Old 10-29-2021, 11:31 AM
cDee63
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curly48 View Post
There is a "Driver Cylinder Lock Switch" located inside the Drivers Door. It is some kind of a Magnetic Core Switch that gets activated when your turn the key to unlock and lock the Drivers Door. My 2001 WJ is missing this Magnetic Core around the Cylinder. I'm wondering if that is why my Security System will not activate. But that's another project for another day. I've attached some pictures and a page of the Workshop Service Repair Manual below. Can anyone else shed some light on what kind of Magnetic Swith this is and how it actually works? My Jeep is the Red one in the Pictures, you can that the switch is missing. Also I show the Connector located under the Drivers Door Panel.
That switch is, of course, another one of those discontinued parts... I found an article on how to take apart and clean one, apparently there are resistors in it each with a different resistance depending on lock cylinder position.

2004 Limited, 4.7 modded slightly, IRO 3" RockLink LA front, adjustable SA rear, Bilsteins, Addco bar, JKS disconnects. Coming attractions include 242hd, IRO SYE and Woods DS right after the new engine/trans..
High speed, low drag

Last edited by cDee63; 10-29-2021 at 11:32 AM. Reason: Link didn't work
post #13 of 15 Old 10-29-2021, 08:23 PM
wranglertec

Either there is an aftermarket alarm tied into the factory alarm system. You removed the skim module and had the pcm flashed to start and run without the skim. The BCM ( body control module) is not seeing a signal from the skim module since it was removed. It thinks the vehicle is being stolen. That vehicle uses a single wire pci buss communication system. The buss wire that is use to to send data the ever module in the vehicle. Iím not sure how to bypass the bcm. My fear is if you put the skim back in to see if the alarm goes off the pcm May relearn that vehicle has skim key.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #14 of 15 Old 10-29-2021, 10:09 PM
cDee63
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
^^It will. At least it did on mine. Had SKIM disabled and mistakenly plugged the module back in, no more disabled SKIM.

High speed, low drag
post #15 of 15 Old 10-30-2021, 06:43 PM
Curly48
2001 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by frenemiller View Post
You can eliminate the Door Cylinder Lock Switch by taking the Trim Panel off the Door and unplugging the Connector from the harness. The connector that I show in the picture of my previous post.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in