Airbag light problems - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #16 of 28 Old 09-15-2019, 02:09 PM
FunWithPaul
2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoguy80125 View Post
Well, I ordered a scanner that will allegedly clear the airbag light, so I guess we will see when it gets here. If not, I suppose the dealer is he only option. Question is, will they clear the code if they didn't do the repair?
Please let us know.

I have tried a few, none will read Chrysler SRS (I forget which years) , but our WJ are it (DRBIII)

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 28 Old 09-15-2019, 02:24 PM
FunWithPaul
2004 WJ 

These are interesting Chrysler/DRBIII links:

https://oemtools.com/products/chrysler/

This PDF shows the DRBIII models/years
https://oemtools.com/wp-content/uplo...dfa58c84b5.pdf
post #18 of 28 Old 09-17-2019, 08:58 AM
mxer201
2006 TJ Wrangler 

I recently re-seated both connectors to the air bag module under the center console. I noticed one was not fully seated but it is now. Air bag light turned off a second or two after turning the ignition on and seems to be fine now.

post #19 of 28 Old 09-17-2019, 10:16 AM
scott_0
2002 WJ 

Airbag light problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunWithPaul View Post
I haven't found a code reader that reads Jeep (Chrysler) DRBIII airbag DTC's

IF ANYONE has, PLEASE post it.

From what I have read only Jeep can do it (or someone that has a DRBIII $3000??)

I bought an Innova 3100 at autozone, it reads the srs codes, however it does not appear to clear them, I have an "0067 right front sensor loss of communication" I replaced the right front sensor with one from a scrap yard, I when I try to clear the code with the Innova scanner, it will not clear it.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FunWithPaul likes this.

2002 GC Limited, all stock, undecided mods to come
post #20 of 28 Old 09-17-2019, 11:33 PM
rep-tile
Cash 4 Clunkers Survivor

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott_0 View Post
I bought an Innova 3100 at autozone, it reads the srs codes, however it does not appear to clear them, I have an "0067 right front sensor loss of communication" I replaced the right front sensor with one from a scrap yard, I when I try to clear the code with the Innova scanner, it will not clear it.........

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It should. But maybe the code reappears are soon as you erase it. SRS codes are pretty much non latent unlike, say emission codes.

Loss of communication doesn't always mean bad sensor. It can be faulty wiring to the sensor.

04 WJ 4.0 - Avital 4103, DB-ALL
91 XJ 4.0 - Avital 4103, Stage-2 aFe intake system, BBK high flow Throttle Body, Jones Exhaust A3518M-5
post #21 of 28 Old 09-18-2019, 10:01 AM Thread Starter
broncoguy80125
2003 WJ 

Got my scanner last night but haven't had a chance to hook it up yet. It's not an Innova. I'll let you know if I'm able to clear the light...
FunWithPaul likes this.
post #22 of 28 Old 09-18-2019, 08:39 PM Thread Starter
broncoguy80125
2003 WJ 

Well, it looks like success- so far. I was able to clear the code with my new scanner, and when I started the car, it did not come back on. The wife drove it to church tonight, so we will see if it has come back on when she returns. The scanner I used was the Foxwell NT630 Elite. Got it off of eBay for $99. More to come.
post #23 of 28 Old 09-19-2019, 08:26 AM Thread Starter
broncoguy80125
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by broncoguy80125 View Post
Well, it looks like success- so far. I was able to clear the code with my new scanner, and when I started the car, it did not come back on. The wife drove it to church tonight, so we will see if it has come back on when she returns. The scanner I used was the Foxwell NT630 Elite. Got it off of eBay for $99. More to come.
So... the light is back on this morning. I guess the good news is that the scanner clears the code, but the bad news is that I still have some issue with the circuit somewhere. When I read the codes before I cleared them, it said something about the front bumper sensors?? I didn't write down the codes because I was just clearing them anyway... guess I can re-read them now..

Also read something about connectors under the center console? Anyone know anything about that?
post #24 of 28 Old 09-19-2019, 08:49 AM
jtec

2014 JK Wrangler 

first I gotta say BE CAREFUL working with SRS.

Blindly clearing a code, as applicable - be sure to copy any info down, copy ALL codes, freeze frame. Sometimes we can use the erase to do a second test ( second opinion) on the system -
SO you did the second opinion and we get the same SRS light. SO tell us what the scanner reports ALL codes, or messages.

The connectors under console are you guessing OR mentioning for a reason?

When I see the price of OEM I think aftermarket.
When I see the quality of aftermarket I think OEM.
post #25 of 28 Old 09-19-2019, 11:31 AM Thread Starter
broncoguy80125
2003 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtec View Post
first I gotta say BE CAREFUL working with SRS.

Blindly clearing a code, as applicable - be sure to copy any info down, copy ALL codes, freeze frame. Sometimes we can use the erase to do a second test ( second opinion) on the system -
SO you did the second opinion and we get the same SRS light. SO tell us what the scanner reports ALL codes, or messages.

The connectors under console are you guessing OR mentioning for a reason?
Someone posted earlier that they re-seated the connectors under the console and the light went out. Also read that somewhere else as well. That's why I mentioned it. I didn't realize there were any connectors there. I plan on re-scanning after work tonight, and I will note the exact codes. As I said, I don't have the numbers, but the codes were related to front sensors. Checking online, apparently there are 2 front collision sensors, one behind each headlight roughly. I plan to also check the connectors for both of those sensors as well, provided the same codes come up when I re-scan. My jeep didn't come with side curtains, so no need to worry about side sensors.

I didn't re-scan once I started the car and the light wasn't there anymore. Didn't see the need for it.
post #26 of 28 Old 09-20-2019, 10:24 AM Thread Starter
broncoguy80125
2003 WJ 

Latest update- Re-scanned the codes last night, and I got 2 things- 1, P1000 code- which I think is just an overall OBD status not ready, from what I read. Also, it said "Right front impact sensor internal 1". I cleared the code, and then the scanner said to re-check to confirm the code was deleted. I did than, and it came up with no codes.

That's different than when I scanned the other night, as it said more than one impact sensor was having trouble. My plan was to find the sensors and re-seat the connectors, but it was dark by the time the wife got home and I didn't have a chance to do that.
Attached Images

post #27 of 28 Old 10-01-2019, 08:22 AM Thread Starter
broncoguy80125
2003 WJ 

OK, so just to sort of close this thread out- A day after I cleared the code above with my scanner, it came back. It was off for a full day or so. I cleared it again, and it hasn't come back. It's been over a week now. So, not sure exactly what the deal is, but my light is off and has stayed off, and I did nothing to the sensors at all.

But the scanner I bought does clear the code, and it was $99 on eBay...
post #28 of 28 Old 10-01-2019, 08:55 PM
rep-tile
Cash 4 Clunkers Survivor

2004 WJ 

Don't be shocked if it comes back. I chased an airbag code on a car once and it ended up being the wiring. The SRS module expects to see a certain resistance value for each sensor and airbag. You can have too much resistance in the wiring and that will throw a code. It would go away and come back, especially during hot days (due to the temperature coefficient of copper, the higher the temperature the higher the resistance).

Also, may not be related but there is a recall on WJ airbag modules. It applied to my 04 and they put in a new module. To see if it applies to you, run your VIN:
https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

04 WJ 4.0 - Avital 4103, DB-ALL
91 XJ 4.0 - Avital 4103, Stage-2 aFe intake system, BBK high flow Throttle Body, Jones Exhaust A3518M-5

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in