2004 WJ Driver Door Leak - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 10-13-2020, 08:45 AM Thread Starter
iceglobe

2004 WJ Driver Door Leak

Hi all,

As I went through a car wash yesterday, I noticed water dripping from behind the door panel into the the door well/holder. The water was not coming from inside the vehicle or from faulty interior weatherstripping; however, I cannot figure out where it is coming from. I took off the door panel to find water had collected at the bottom of the interior door. Oddly, I do not see any obvious source for the water. My only hunch is that the driver side door weatherstripping has pulled away from my aftermarket window that was replaced about 10 years ago. I have ordered a new piece that will hopefully stop the leak. Still, it seems odd that water didn't leak all over the speaker and that I did not see clear signs of water infiltrating from the window. Does anyone have any other ideas?

Thanks,

iceglobe

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-30-2021, 05:15 PM
LoneStarSon
2004 WJ 

RE: 2004 WJ Driver Door Leak

iceglobe,

I have the exact same problem in my '04 WJ! I too had water pooling in the door panel well after heavy rain. One day after a storm, I pulled the panel and looked up into the door body to see water droplets beading along the bottom edge of the glass as well as water running down the exterior-facing side of the inner door wall (if that makes sense). I figured the exterior weather stripping had worn out so I ordered the Fairchild Industries kit from Quadratec for $42 shipped. Install took all of ten seconds and then I waited for rain. In typical Jeep fashion, the leak was lessened by the new seal but not completely stopped.

How did replacing the weatherstripping work out for you?

-LoneStarSon

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in