2000 wj upper control arm bushing help - JeepForum.com
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 16 Old 10-18-2019, 05:17 PM Thread Starter
Spamoo123

2000 wj upper control arm bushing help

Bought some Amazon adjustable uppers. They are doing fine so far but the material the upper bushings are made from are crap. Does anyone here know where I can find some replacement bushings? I'm looking for the upper end bushings not the axle side. Thanks

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 10-19-2019, 12:51 AM
SoCal2004wj

2004 WJ 

Are we talking about front or rear?
post #3 of 16 Old 10-19-2019, 08:32 AM Thread Starter
Spamoo123

Fronts.

post #4 of 16 Old 10-21-2019, 05:53 PM Thread Starter
Spamoo123

Anybody?
post #5 of 16 Old 10-22-2019, 05:42 AM
Frambo
2004 WJ 

Moog? Rockauto?
post #6 of 16 Old 10-22-2019, 09:56 AM
leadsled jeep

2002 WJ 

Also is he/she talking actual OEM chassis bushings that wore out or control arm bushings in the Amazon control arms?

'02 4.7HO ~222k ml. 2.5" BDS Springs, All new control arms and Addco Sways. 245-70-17.
post #7 of 16 Old 10-22-2019, 04:23 PM Thread Starter
Spamoo123

They are no name brand chinesium adjustable arms. Came with some craptastic frame side bushings already installed in the arms. I'm just trying to find replacements.
post #8 of 16 Old 10-22-2019, 09:36 PM
SoCal2004wj

2004 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spamoo123 View Post
They are no name brand chinesium adjustable arms. Came with some craptastic frame side bushings already installed in the arms. I'm just trying to find replacements.
Not trying to be sarcastic, but it really pays for a bit more expense up front. If it were one of the more popular adj arms, there would probably be some easy options to upgrade the bushings.

One suggestion would be to measure the I.D. of the current bushings and see is one of the aftermarket replacements might work. It's worth a try...
post #9 of 16 Old 10-23-2019, 12:47 AM Thread Starter
Spamoo123

I've already poked around trying to find replacement bushings for brand name arms. No luck so far. Seems like everyone sells you arms with bushings pre installed and thats all you get. Yea yea, I should've just bought brand name ones but my whole jeep is junkyard parts and homemade or parts found as cheap as I'm brave enough to try😂.
post #10 of 16 Old 10-23-2019, 12:53 AM Thread Starter
Spamoo123

I'm starting to feel like nobody here is understanding my original post. Thanks for the help so far but answering my question with either ridicule or more questions is getting me nowhere.

If anyone here could point me in the direction of a more suitable forum that would be great thanks.
post #11 of 16 Old 10-23-2019, 08:51 AM
Mattyjm
Web Wheeler

2004 WJ 

Garage
Quote:
I'm starting to feel like nobody here is understanding my original post. Thanks for the help so far but answering my question with either ridicule or more questions is getting me nowhere.

If anyone here could point me in the direction of a more suitable forum that would be great thanks.
You could try the "Junk Chinesium Parts" forum. They'll have some good upgrades for your bushing issues. Good luck. We try not to buy what you're looking for on here. Sorry.
RobRaider likes this.

2004 Special Edition WJ. LOADED!
2004 Rocky Mountain Edition. Froggy Bandit. Wife's Daily Driver. PRISTINE! Stock height and may stay that way.....
post #12 of 16 Old 10-24-2019, 12:13 PM
GmanWJ

2002 WJ 

Garage
I don't think anybody was ridiculing you. If your post is met with silence, it would be better to assume that we don't have an answer for you. Maybe you could contact Amazon to get in touch with the manufacturer for some replacements. What brand of chinesium did you put in there? There must be some way to identify them.

I like the look of the Core 4x4 adjustables but don't know about reliability. Iron Rock Offroad adjustables look beefy too. JKS Manufacturing looks like good stuff. Might be better to replace with something decent instead of putting more effort into something that may not last anyway.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

ok mostly just repairs, but we are closing in on a lift
post #13 of 16 Old 10-24-2019, 12:36 PM
MuloChico
2006 WK 

Sometimes it is just as cheap to replace the "Junk Chinesium Parts" with new "Junk Chinesium Parts" as to replace the cheap bushings, especially if the bushings in the "Junk Chinesium Parts" can't be verified to have the same dimensions as stock. The old adage "you get what you pay for" applies more often than not. I've been down that road before, sometimes by choice, sometimes by necessity.

There is only so much we can do. Most here try to use better-best parts because we want to use our Jeeps for the long run.
post #14 of 16 Old 10-24-2019, 06:49 PM Thread Starter
Spamoo123

@ gmanwj. The arms in question are the core 4x4 ones. The arms themselves are fine. All I'm really trying to find are replacement bushings. The ones they come with are garbage so I'm not going to bother with trying to get another set from them. I figured this being a group of wj enthusiasts someone here would know of a better replacement. Nobody seems to offer replacements oem style or otherwise for the frame side of the arms.
Even if I bought a more expensive set it seems like when the bushings are done that's it, buy new arms again anyways just to get a set of fresh bushings. I've checked the usual places. eBay, Amazon, just googling it, contacted iron rock, Rusty's, 4 w.p., quadratec, and rough country but they are all telling me they don't sell those bushings separate.
The reason I went with cheap arms I the first place is because I was given most of a rough country 4" lift kit from a zj that I made work on my wj and just had to buy a few extra parts to finish it off. (Rear springs, front upper arms and a track bar). So right now I'm just working with what I got to be able to go out and ride. Sooner or later I plan on going full long arm kit whenever I can justify dropping $2500 on a jeep I paid $1000 for to my wife O_o
post #15 of 16 Old 10-26-2019, 10:09 PM
SoCal2004wj

2004 WJ 

Quote:
@ gmanwj. The arms in question are the core 4x4 ones. The arms themselves are fine. All I'm really trying to find are replacement bushings. The ones they come with are garbage so I'm not going to bother with trying to get another set from them. I figured this being a group of wj enthusiasts someone here would know of a better replacement. Nobody seems to offer replacements oem style or otherwise for the frame side of the arms.
Even if I bought a more expensive set it seems like when the bushings are done that's it, buy new arms again anyways just to get a set of fresh bushings. I've checked the usual places. eBay, Amazon, just googling it, contacted iron rock, Rusty's, 4 w.p., quadratec, and rough country but they are all telling me they don't sell those bushings separate.
The reason I went with cheap arms I the first place is because I was given most of a rough country 4" lift kit from a zj that I made work on my wj and just had to buy a few extra parts to finish it off. (Rear springs, front upper arms and a track bar). So right now I'm just working with what I got to be able to go out and ride. Sooner or later I plan on going full long arm kit whenever I can justify dropping $2500 on a jeep I paid $1000 for to my wife O_o
Core 4x4 has a website that offers options for johnny joints on the control arms as an upgrade. Have you reached out to see if they can help? What exactly did you find unsatisfactory about the bushings ?

Like the previous poster mentioned, nobody here is trying to ridicule or give you a hard time. We all try to help each other the best we can. Sorry you find that as a personal attack

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in