2000 limited pcm in 2000 laredo - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 5 Old 05-14-2019, 02:23 PM Thread Starter
brokenwj00

Garage
2000 limited pcm in 2000 laredo

I have a 2000 GC Limited and a Laredo. I believe the laredos pcm is on its way out. Could i use the one in my limited? both jeeps have the 4.0 and all the same options, apart from memory drivers seat. Reason for asking is the limited is my parts rig and has a software update on the pcm, and runs beautifully. My laredo ramdomly likes to stall at lights, idle rough and die when i give it gas. Ive changed the IACV, TPMS is new as well as MAF, only thing i havent tried is the crank sensor

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 05-15-2019, 05:34 AM
wjkeith

Garage
No codes with that condition? Check all related wiring and vacuum lines.
post #3 of 5 Old 05-15-2019, 07:44 AM
Waterluvr
2004 WJ 

Garage
You can use the limited pcm in the Laredo, it will need to be flashed to work with the skim module in the Laredo if you just drop it in you'll have a crank/start/run/shutdown issue after 2 seconds run time.

post #4 of 5 Old 05-15-2019, 09:08 AM
Jeeples
Harsh, but fair

2000 WJ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waterluvr View Post
You can use the limited pcm in the Laredo, it will need to be flashed to work with the skim module in the Laredo if you just drop it in you'll have a crank/start/run/shutdown issue after 2 seconds run time.

Assuming the parts Jeep won't be need for anything other than parts, you could swap over the SKIM, PCM, lock cylinders and keys from the Limited into the Laredo.

That will negate the need for flashing the Limited ECM to the Laredo's VIN and SKIS code.

His: '00 WJ 4.7 Limited- Some stuff

Hers: '03 WJ 4.7 Laredo- Some more stuff

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeeples
This is easily the worst post, and thread, I have ever seen in 7 years of being on JF.
post #5 of 5 Old 05-16-2019, 08:58 AM Thread Starter
brokenwj00

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by wjkeith View Post
No codes with that condition? Check all related wiring and vacuum lines.
No CEL, but i do plan on hooking a scanner up to it just to see if anything is stored or just not tripping the light.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in