2000 JGC Laredo AC Blower Fuse keeps Blowing - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 2 Old 07-28-2013, 07:40 AM Thread Starter
KellyannD

Question 2000 JGC Laredo AC Blower Fuse keeps Blowing

Hey Jeep Guys,
I'm on vacation and have had a series of events happen, all negative.

After blowing tread on 3 tires (apparent dry rot), flying rubber broke a tail light. I already had the tail light connector issues (another thread) but fixed it and no issues for 6 months. I didn't replace the tail light assemblies yet, just did what the Jeep guys said to do and it fixed it.

Now....no tail light or brake light on the left side. Right side has a wiring issue. Wiggle the wires and the lights come back on. In thinking it's another connector issue on the left side, tried fixing it on the road with no luck. Getting back on the road, there are no blinkers now. Hazard lights work, but no blinkers.

A couple hundred miles down the road, made a rest stop, get back in the car, put it in gear and the AC blower fuse blows. Change the fuse, it works, put the Jeep in gear, the fuse blows.

600 Miles back to Texas with a tail light/ brake light and blinkers out and no AC is probably not a good idea. Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions???

Appreciate the help!!
Kellyann

"Jeeps are like a good women, even better topless and dirty" ;)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-28-2013, 09:34 AM
jbrink
2002 WJ 

That's crappy. My ac got screwed up on my vacation too. Have you tried not putting the whole way on high? My connector was melted where it connects to the blower motor. If you look on the passenger floor near the firewall there is a little 3 wire connector. You can at least try to wiggle it or unplug/plug in see if it helps.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in