Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

2000 GC 4.7 fuel injector circuit

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Waterluvr 
#1 ·
My jeep keeps blowing fuse 26 (fuel injectors) at very intermittent times. I have spent a lot of hours chasing the wiring and thought I had found the problem a couple times. I went 8 months with no problems and than had it blow twice last week:frown2:

So I am going to run a new wire to the injectors from the fuse box. My question is does that circuit only go to the injectors or does it power anything else? I have tried to find wiring diagrams for the 4.7 without much luck.

Appreciate any help
Gary

#4 ·
OK, here is the latest. I ran new wires from fuse 26 in the PDC to the fuel injectors. Found there are two wires off the fuse, one to the injectors and one to C3 on the PCM which tells it we have 12V. So I completely bypassed the 12 volt wire to the injectors and C3. Played around accelerating hard and blew the fuse. I was convinced it was an injector so I replaced all 8 (i had another set so it was free to do). Managed to blow the fuse again. I am at a loss, if the 12volt wire is not shorted and it is not the injectors how can the signal wire to the PCM draw enough current to blow a 15 amp fuse. IF the PCM sent a signal to all of the injectors at the same time it should still not draw more than 15 amps. I have discovered how to make it fall more consistently. I accelerate hard and when it gets to about 5000 RPMs I take my foot of the gas. I even put a 20 amp fuse in and it blew as well.

looking for any ideas, maybe the PCM?

#5 ·
I would check all the grounds on the engine and around the engine bay, if somethings normal ground has developed a high resistance the electric will try to go somewhere else to get to ground. the 2 favorites for breaking are the braided ones from coils 7 and 8 to the firewall and the exhaust hanger to transmission cross member

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.