wk2 remote start for european car - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 9 Old 10-21-2019, 12:22 PM Thread Starter
philo45

wk2 remote start for european car

"Hi, i am Philipp in France.I need your help please, sorry my English is not rich.Last week i received my brand new trackhawk in France........some days after, i learn, in USA it s possible to have remote start on trackhawk. For a few days, i searched a remote start kit for my trackhawk, and always the same trouble: i find the kit ( for example 82216063AA) but it s not fit on my car because i have JRC powerliftgate....i don t find the good kit., the good item..somebody knows the good kit ? remote start kit with power liftgate?.....i know, we know it exist ...we can see in USA trackhawk with all this staff.I agree, French Jeep is stupid, they don't propose this option (remote start).....

and just to say= i receive my car with an O.M but not for SRT or track hawk....for generic grand cherokee........pffffff! really stupid.

Thanks to read this.Philippe orléans"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 10-21-2019, 12:50 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I noticed that Export trackhawks have a, perhaps optional, unique key FOB for remote start that does not have the panic button.

I was born to party, but I am forced to work
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #3 of 9 Old 10-21-2019, 04:14 PM
Jurassic_Jeep
2014 WK 

probably calling your local dealer that may have some aftermarket options (which I assume you did already), but maybe even reaching out to US-based dealers (ask for parts department). Mopar should have a worldwide tech support line. Have fun in the meantime.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 3.6L V6.

post #4 of 9 Old 10-22-2019, 09:54 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

In the US, remote start is standard on the TrackHawk and just about every other WK2 except perhaps the very base models. Power liftgate is also standard. Dunno why exports are different but there are different laws/regulations to comply with. The lighting is different I think. Sometimes the parts books have issues. If there are several dealers in your area, talk to the parts counter in each of them.

post #5 of 9 Old 10-22-2019, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
philo45

thanks a lot for your reply.
Yes, i know teh cars for Euroep dont have soem options like remote start...i am sorry and i don't knwo why.My trackhawk is with E85 flexfuel, and it need before to go some minutes to run, to be hot......., and remote start will be a good solution from my home....Yes, i called my French dealer and another one....the second said : we don't know...., my dealer try to know.....lol....( i agree: i think different law here about remote start)

better for me to find the good parts in Usa if it exist for Export cars....and to buy it and to ask to my dealer : to install and to programme the keys.....i am optimist ( i hope).
Thanks again
post #6 of 9 Old 10-22-2019, 10:21 AM
Jurassic_Jeep
2014 WK 

hello philo, you have a trailhawk or trackhawk? Wow its very different there, unless they figured out how to run the hellcat on corn oil. If its the trailhawk with the 3.6 L V6 gasoline engine, that engine has been around since 2011 at least, there must be a huge aftermarket here in North America. I don't think the v8 hemi was ever made flex fuel in NA? But that engine has been around even longer.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Summit 4x4 3.6L V6.
post #7 of 9 Old 10-23-2019, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
philo45

Hello...i have a 2019 trackhawk 1C4RJFN99KC.........Here in France, gasoline is really expensive...a lot of srt8 and trackhawk is equiped with flexfuel calculator..i had before a srt8 felxfuel, run very well,and my track hawk too...just to wait one minutes at the first run of the motor( when cold).
post #8 of 9 Old 10-23-2019, 10:03 AM Thread Starter
philo45

you can see calculator
Attached Images

post #9 of 9 Old 10-23-2019, 10:13 AM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Interesting

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in