WK2 Dual or Single AC refill capacity - JeepForum.com

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 7 Old 05-26-2019, 02:54 PM Thread Starter
MadMikeX3

WK2 Dual or Single AC refill capacity

I went to recharge my GC Summit and seen that it listed two options under the hood for capacity. One for single AC and one for Dual. 1.33 and 1.88 were the two capacities listed. I went with the 1.88 thinking the dual climate and rear AC meant dual. Iím wondering if that was correct or not? AC works well now, I would just like to avoid system failure from over charge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 05-27-2019, 07:10 AM
BigTizzie

2011 WK 

Just see what the pressure is when it's hot out. I have one of those cheap gauges and it works fine.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-03-2019, 05:34 AM
papercliptank

2014 WK 

Hi MadMike,
Did you ever get to the bottom of this? I have the GC Summit too and the air con is pretty terrible but my garage only ever fills to 1.33 even though I point out the sticker. I'm wondering whether they're always underfilling.
Cheers,
Dave

post #4 of 7 Old 12-04-2019, 04:12 PM
Bilko

How often have you had to refill it? You should never need to refill unless you have a leak or do a repair that requires you to empty the AC. The factory refrigerant has a dye in it so you often spot leaks with a UV flashlight.

You can refill these yourself, just make sure you get the correct refrigerant. Make sure you don't overfill because this stops you AC from working because there is no room for expansion. If you are topping up the correct fill is based on pressure because there is now way of knowing how much refrigerant is left in the system unless you fully evacuate the system and refill from scratch.

http://acprocold.com/product/acp-100-ac-pro/
post #5 of 7 Old 12-04-2019, 04:44 PM
Fast55

2017 WK 

Garage
If you ever have to "refill" the system you have a leak. I would concentrate on finding and fixing it before anything else. The repair will likely require recovering what's left in the system. After a deep evacuation a pro shop would weigh in the charge.

2017 Trailhawk
Active Safety, Luxury group, Blind spot detection
Hemi
Rock Rails, Chief Products
post #6 of 7 Old 12-05-2019, 04:44 AM
papercliptank

2014 WK 

Thanks for your replies. I just replace the gas every couple of years, there is no leak that I'm aware of. I had it done in the summer as the ac wasn't as cold as my other car but it didn't seem to make a difference that's way I'm wondering if they didn't put enough gas in there. Also when the windscreen is fogged up it takes ages to clear compared to my other car (which, by the way, is an old 2006 Peugeot 307 so nothing fancy!). It does cool the car down and it does eventually clear the condensation away but just doesn't seem to be as efficient as i would expect.
post #7 of 7 Old 12-05-2019, 08:03 AM
Fast55

2017 WK 

Garage
If you're putting in refrigerant, it's leaking out somewhere. Do you put any in the 307?
The problem with leaks is that they go both ways. I'm not sure what type is in yours but it's possible the system could be under a vacuum if it gets cold enough. At that point you'd be drawing in contaminates. Try having the system completely evacuated and weigh in the correct charge. It should get you back to normal, at least until you have to re-charge again.

2017 Trailhawk
Active Safety, Luxury group, Blind spot detection
Hemi
Rock Rails, Chief Products

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in