Wheel and Tire Discussions - Page 231 - JeepForum.com
 1485Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3451 of 3485 Old 10-24-2019, 02:29 PM
Bilko

You might also want to consider the Bridgestone A/T Revo 3 https://www.bridgestonetire.com/tire/dueler-at-revo-3

I put these on a month or two ago and found them to be really good on dirt and in mud without increasing the road noise or noticeable degrading on-road performance. I am still waiting to give them a real snow test but I know a few people that live in the Tahoe area and told me they are awesome, a massive improvement over the previous Revo 2 which was more like an all season tire rather than a real, all terrain tire.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3452 of 3485 Old 10-25-2019, 05:29 PM
gspfunk

2019 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCZ View Post
The 2020 Limited V6 that I've ordered should arrive at about the same time as our first snowstorm. I'm looking to swap the OEM tires out for something more appropriate without mods, and I'm hoping there's enough clearance for 265/65R18 to fit. For reference, I've been real happy with the Discoverer AT/W's that I run year-round on my Xterra, but they've got a superior tread to anything I'm finding for the GC.

Anybody have comparative experience with these:
Cooper Discoverer AT3 4S
Pirelli Scorpion All-Terrain Plus
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2
Falken Wildpeaks A/T 3W

Thanks.
I don’t have any of these, but the Cooper, Falken, and BFG are probably 3 of the most popular choices for the GC. I don’t know if you did a search, but they are all heavily discussed in this thread. 265/65 fits in pretty much any tire. In fact, 275/65 (32.1”) fits in most w/o rubbing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3453 of 3485 Old 10-28-2019, 02:46 PM
KCZ

Garage
Thanks for that info. My ordered 2020 just showed up a month ahead of schedule so I need to make a decision asap.

post #3454 of 3485 Old 10-31-2019, 06:35 PM
hoppyjr

Quote:
Thanks for that info. My ordered 2020 just showed up a month ahead of schedule so I need to make a decision asap.

Im currently running the BFG K02 and they are wearing well and look great. Ive also had the Yokohama G015 and it was quieter, more comfortable, and still looked great. Frankly, as much I like the strength of the K02, the Yokos were better suited to the Grand Cherokee and the vehicle felt more connected in spirited driving.
post #3455 of 3485 Old 11-01-2019, 04:41 PM
KCZ

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hoppyjr View Post
Im currently running the BFG K02 and they are wearing well and look great. Ive also had the Yokohama G015 and it was quieter, more comfortable, and still looked great. Frankly, as much I like the strength of the K02, the Yokos were better suited to the Grand Cherokee and the vehicle felt more connected in spirited driving.

Thanks, any experience with them in snow and rutted back roads? Right now I'm leaning towards the BFG's but that extra weight is a little daunting.
post #3456 of 3485 Old 11-01-2019, 06:28 PM
hoppyjr

Quote:
Thanks, any experience with them in snow and rutted back roads? Right now I'm leaning towards the BFG's but that extra weight is a little daunting.

After running the G015s the BFGs weight was definitely noticed. Handling too.

I have used both in light snow and on gravel & dirt roads. The G015 was absolutely sufficient and I wasnt worried in any condition. It seemed better in packed snow, icy roads, and during highway driving. The BFG feels more substantial and gives me a bit more confidence, certainty in deeper snow and regarding punctures, but it doesnt handle or rIde as well. I have considered selling my BFGs and going back to the G015, but I do like the feeling that the BFG can handle anything.
post #3457 of 3485 Old 11-04-2019, 01:43 PM
JGCPlatinum

Everyone seems to be missing the point on the JGC tires- it is still a car SUV and not a truck, so when looking for your tires, remember you must look for passenger car designed side walls which flex differently than the truck tires. The tires come in most of the AT designed treads and weigh less than the light truck tires. TRUCK TIRES DON'T FEEL GOOD ON GRAND CHEROKEE The tire must start with a P and not a LT. If you want excepional AT tires, Look at the Fakken wildpeak, Pirelli Scorpion AT, Continental AT and a few other P rated tires. NOT LT.
post #3458 of 3485 Old 11-04-2019, 03:44 PM
Bilko

That's why the Bridgestone A/T Revo 3 make sense. I was at Loon lake at the start of the Rubicon with my Bridgestone A/T Revo 3 "Street tires" and ended up towing out my buddies with BFG KO2s so we swapped wheels to see if it was the car or the tires....it was the tires. After driving 200 miles back home on the BFGs I had a headache. Full blown AT tires may look cool but make sure you know what you are getting into and buy some ear plugs.
post #3459 of 3485 Old 11-04-2019, 09:58 PM
gspfunk

2019 WK 

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGCPlatinum View Post
Everyone seems to be missing the point on the JGC tires- it is still a car SUV and not a truck, so when looking for your tires, remember you must look for passenger car designed side walls which flex differently than the truck tires. The tires come in most of the AT designed treads and weigh less than the light truck tires. TRUCK TIRES DON'T FEEL GOOD ON GRAND CHEROKEE The tire must start with a P and not a LT. If you want excepional AT tires, Look at the Fakken wildpeak, Pirelli Scorpion AT, Continental AT and a few other P rated tires. NOT LT.
Some people prefer LT tires, some don’t realize the difference. LT tires almost all come with more tread and some actually have better or more aggressive tread patterns than their P-rated counterpart. Examples include the Cooper AT4S/Cooper AT LT/XLT & Yoko Geolandar P/LT.

I chose the ‘P’ rated Ridge Grappler on purpose b/c I wanted sidewall protection but not the extra weight. BFG is LT only, so it wasn’t really on the table for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilko View Post
That's why the Bridgestone A/T Revo 3 make sense. I was at Loon lake at the start of the Rubicon with my Bridgestone A/T Revo 3 "Street tires" and ended up towing out my buddies with BFG KO2s so we swapped wheels to see if it was the car or the tires....it was the tires. After driving 200 miles back home on the BFGs I had a headache. Full blown AT tires may look cool but make sure you know what you are getting into and buy some ear plugs.
I think the misconception is that All Terrain tires have to be LT, which is incorrect. The Revo is definitely an A/T tire. Also, LT tires aren’t all louder than the P tire in the same design. Just depends on the tire. I’m not trying to call you out, just letting others reading this know that LT tires aren’t always worse. It just depends on the need.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3460 of 3485 Old 11-04-2019, 10:24 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

I like XL rated tires on the WK2, especially when towing. A bit stiffer but not as stiff as LT tires.
gspfunk likes this.

I was born to party, but I am forced to work
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac
post #3461 of 3485 Old 11-05-2019, 02:22 PM
hoppyjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by JGCPlatinum View Post

Must? Not really. While there are certainly ride & handling trade offs to going with a more aggressive or LT rated tire, its personal preference. Some of us want the added stiffness and protection of a truck tire.
post #3462 of 3485 Old 11-05-2019, 04:08 PM
sonnyent

Help Regarding New Tires

I've 2016 wk2 limited with 18 inch factory rims ? Whats the biggest size all-terrian tire i can go with ? I can also add spacers if required. Thanks
post #3463 of 3485 Old 11-05-2019, 04:17 PM
sonnyent

what about 2016 wk2 limited with 18 inch factory rims ? Whats the biggest size all-terrian tire i can go with ?
post #3464 of 3485 Old 11-05-2019, 05:38 PM
KCZ

Garage
After discussing local experience and availability with my tire dealer, I decided to go with Pirelli Scorpion All Terrain Plus. The treads aren't as aggressive for winter driving as the Cooper Discoverer AT/W 's that I love on my Xterra, so I hope I'm happy with the Pirelli's. Will report back after some winter driving.
gspfunk and JGCPlatinum like this.
post #3465 of 3485 Old 11-05-2019, 06:28 PM
ColdCase
My Reality Check Bounced

2011 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnyent View Post
what about 2016 wk2 limited with 18 inch factory rims ? Whats the biggest size all-terrian tire i can go with ?
Check here for details and reports: https://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f309...mmary-2798314/
gspfunk and sonnyent like this.

I was born to party, but I am forced to work
Current: 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland V8, 2009 Liberty Rocky Mt V6
Previous: 2000 Grand Cherokee Laredo I6, 1979 CJ7 I6 Quadratrac

Tags
conversion , headlight , oneighty , vinyl , wrap

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in